Is an Annual Pass really economically viable?

If free dining is offered during your stay, would you still be eligible as I think you need to be on a magic your way package?

This is where you have to do the maths! As a solo free dining, whilst better than nothing, is not really worth it for me. So a TiW card with 20% food and an AP with 30% room and 10% merch can deliver me a better discount without a magic your package.

But if you can jam them all in as few rooms as possible, then free dining could be worth your while.

also - the standard park hoppers have a max of 10 days on them so if you want 16 days continuous entry access you may as well buy the APs. Unless you are off to Universal and other activities for another 6 days - as you have 14 days in which to use the 10 in the hopper.

To add to colin A's suggestion, you only need 1 person to have the TiW who can cover up to 10 in one sitting.

OMG I think I am now more confused than ever after reading this thread. I was looking at AP for us for next year but because we were hoping for the free dining I didnt think we could but I think I will have to really sit down and work out a spreadsheet to find out what will be the best option for us. We want a 2 bedroom villa (do you get discounts with them as well) we also want to stay 14+ days arghhhh! luckily I have some time to work it out.

OMG I think I am now more confused than ever after reading this thread. I was looking at AP for us for next year but because we were hoping for the free dining I didnt think we could but I think I will have to really sit down and work out a spreadsheet to find out what will be the best option for us. We want a 2 bedroom villa (do you get discounts with them as well) we also want to stay 14+ days arghhhh! luckily I have some time to work it out.

When you say a 2 bedroom villa, are you booking with DVC points or paying. Which resort do you plan to stay.

When you say a 2 bedroom villa, are you booking with DVC points or paying. Which resort do you plan to stay.

It will probably be the BWV as thats where we have just stayed and DH wants to go back there. We are not DVC members, we are looking into it but its so hard getting information over here. A friend in the USA was going to order package but I have not heard back. We did not know much about DVC until our last day at WDW :sad2: and it was to late to do anything.

It will probably be the BWV as thats where we have just stayed and DH wants to go back there. We are not DVC members, we are looking into it but its so hard getting information over here. A friend in the USA was going to order package but I have not heard back. We did not know much about DVC until our last day at WDW :sad2: and it was to late to do anything.

Are you getting confused with the Boardwalk Inn or the villas. The villas are normally owned by the DVC members and you can rent the points to get the rooms at the villas. There are minimal rooms available as a normal cash pay booking.

There are other threads on this subject but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

There are others and myself that are on the Aus section. My home resort is BWV.

What information do you need!

What I plan on doing in a couple of years is to book a MYW package with a ten day pass for a 14 day stay. On my first day, without using my ticket first I plan on upgrading to an AP using the full credit on the MYW going toward an AP.

Well that's my current plan, it changes almost daily! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter