Is 7DMT Really Intense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoKatriotic

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Disney World at the end of August. He is a coaster person and I am not at all. I want to know just how scary Seven Dwarfs Mine Train really is in terms of the drop factor (specifically from the perspective of a fellow non-coaster person). I have read on multiple threads that the largest drop really isn't that large at all compared to other roller coasters, but it seems enormous to me, a person who is scared of even the smallest drop. I have watched many videos and I have stood near the large drop portion of this attraction waiting for my boyfriend to ride (unfortunately by himself) and judging if I would be able to ride. This was a year ago and I never ended up doing it. I would love to try it this year but I am legitimately freaked out. I know this sounds pathetic but I get stressed just thinking about it. For a point of reference, I am okay with the small drop on Pirates and on Test Track (I realize that most people don't consider those drops at all) but I do notice them more than the average person. So how intense is the big drop for someone who gets stressed thinking about attempting a roller coaster? I appreciate your insight!

I hate roller coasters. Don't like the feeling of drops, hate heights so going up too high makes me really nervous. With that said I loved the 7DMT and rode it more than once. It's very smooth and the drops are small or I wouldn't go near it haha.

I hate roller coasters as well, but I love 7DMT! It's not intense at all.

Do you like Big Thunder Mountain? It is way less intense than that!

I would've said "Absolutely not" but on our last trip, I road beside a woman who described herself as "SO NOT a coaster person" and she was closing her eyes and screaming the entire time. She was riding beside me with her two young daughters in front of us, both of whom who thought it was fabulous. So it might really depend on your tolerance for movement. The cars to swing side to side a bit, which the woman mentioned was really freaking her out. The "big" drop seemed to nearly do her in, but this wasn't her first time going through, she said. Guess she was taking one for the team!

I agree with lady_hlh that it is less intense than Goofy's, but perhaps that is only because I was distracted by how cool the short ride was on the two times I've ridden it. I'm a bit of a coaster wimp and only started riding them in my 40s to entice my used to be coaster wimp DD15 to ride more rides. She is no longer bothered by coasters, but I still skip BTMRR, Space, and even Goofy's coaster if I can. I plan on riding 7DMT on my July trip if that's any indication. I'm glad that I didn't check out the drop beforehand, because I don't really even remember there being one.

I think that anytime the "drop" is banked, it seems less intense. I hate big drops and stay away from Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror. But I do Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Everest, and Rock N Roller coaster, plus Matterhorn and California Screamin' in DLR. 7DMT is very tame--the only thing I don't like is the lap bar crushing my humongous legs!

I'm also not a coaster person and hate drops but I enjoy 7DMT. The drop isn't bad at all.

The drops are not bad! Really it's short, but goes fast. I would personally rank it less intense than test track!!!

You drop "faster" on 7DMT than you do on Pirates but the drop is nowhere near as steep or long. I'm not a big fan of drops either (I don't like ToT but I will ride it for everything else) but I am into coasters and have to steel myself for the first drop on most coasters every time. (Space Mountain being a nice exception as it doesn't really have any drops...)
If you've ridden Escape from Gringotts it's no worse than that (and a little tamer)

Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Disney World at the end of August. He is a coaster person and I am not at all. I want to know just how scary Seven Dwarfs Mine Train really is in terms of the drop factor (specifically from the perspective of a fellow non-coaster person). I have read on multiple threads that the largest drop really isn't that large at all compared to other roller coasters, but it seems enormous to me, a person who is scared of even the smallest drop. I have watched many videos and I have stood near the large drop portion of this attraction waiting for my boyfriend to ride (unfortunately by himself) and judging if I would be able to ride. This was a year ago and I never ended up doing it. I would love to try it this year but I am legitimately freaked out. I know this sounds pathetic but I get stressed just thinking about it. For a point of reference, I am okay with the small drop on Pirates and on Test Track (I realize that most people don't consider those drops at all) but I do notice them more than the average person. So how intense is the big drop for someone who gets stressed thinking about attempting a roller coaster? I appreciate your insight!

It is the antithesis of scary.pooh:

I would say it's more intense than the Goofy coaster..but it's a coaster designed for young kids. Not intense at all

My daughter rode it for the first time at 3. Loved it and immediately wanted to go back on it again, and again, and again. She didn't find it intense at all.

Not intense at all and very smooth. Most adults who are in any way coaster junkies will be bored of it. Worth a Fast Pass to ride it at least once, but I can't imagine standing an hour-plus in line for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter