Is ~$400 more worth it for an extra night?

Its been a long time since I've done a Disney cruise or gone to Nassau.

Personally Id want to skip Nassau.

That said for 400 you can spend the day on the ship and enjoy the ship with most of the folks off doing whatever.
That may be worth it to you.

Also - like with a hotel room the first and last day are often throwaway - you get on late and leave early - so yeah Id probably get the extra night.

I would go for the extra night for the same reasons posted - first and last day - don't count, by the time you get used to the ship, you are off. Definitely worth the extra "day". I would also enjoy the Nassau port on the ship.

I went to the links you provided but could not find how to see price per night. Can you please describe how you calculated this? Thanks!
I think the links in this post were not set by the poster. They are some automatic generic links being set by the forum software.

Add in flights for two and a pre cruise hotel night for a total of 600$, so the total going up from 2600$ to 3000$ which is a 15% increase of vacation cost.
Round trip flights or other transportation and pre night stay would already be included in overall cost, so no additional cost there.

Strictly speaking to me $400 for an extra day/night on the ship for one stateroom is worth it. Assuming 2 people that is $200 extra per person - for another days of meals including MDR, more entertainment etc -

If you have more than 2 people then to me the math is a no-brainer in terms of answering your question.

Happy Sailing either way - you will love it!

I went to the links you provided but could not find how to see price per night. Can you please describe how you calculated this? Thanks!
(Links? This page does make the Di.. word blue and become a link. Guess that’s what you mean. I didn’t know this happened.)

I went to the DCL site for find a cruise. Searched for 4 and 5-6 cruises in the Magic. For 2 adults (since adults cost more than kids. And I was thinking it was just 2 guests).

The results are listed in ascending order by cheapest cruise for a specific itinerary.

For our purposes, you just look for the lowest price and divide by number of nights.

Next May, there's a 4 night and 5 night Bahamas cruise on the Magic that I really like.

4 night: At Sea, Lookout Cay, Castaway Cay
5 night: Nassau, Lookout Cay, Castaway Cay, At Sea

As you can see, the itineraries are very similar, with Nassau being the difference. The 5 night is about $400 more expensive, depending on which stateroom you get. I've been on the Wonder, but that was a long time ago so I imagine it will be a completely different experience even if it's the same class. They also both leave from PC, so that part is a wash (and convenient). I like Nassau more than most but am just trying to decide if one more night (and day in Nassau) on the Magic is worth $400.
How many of you are sailing? That makes a difference in the additional cost per person for one night?

When I shop cruises, I always calculate price, per night, to determine "worth" for my family. I also, like some PP's, think about what it would cost for one night in a regular hotel room at WDW with food and entertainment. I'm not sure what stateroom category you are considering or how many people will be in the stateroom, but $400 extra seems to be a great price for an extra night on DCL. If you can afford it, I would spend the extra $400 and do the 5 night cruise.

More than half of our cruises on DCL have been 4 nights or less and we have another two more booked this year. There are lots of “more is better” posts but I don’t think there is anything wrong with 4 night cruises—that plenty of time to have an amazing vacation. That said $400 for an extra night is a fantastic deal. You can’t even add an extra day on land before a cruise with hotel and meals for that price.

I would do the 5 night, I feel like DCL has started to treat Nassau like a sea day in terms of what activities are available....at least on the Wish, Palo brunch was being offered and Royal Gathering was also offered.

Links? This page does make the Di.. word blue and become a link. Guess that’s what you mean. I didn’t know this happened.)
DISboards has programmed certain words and abbreviations to automatically link to a page on their website whenever anyone includes those words/letters in a post.

DISboards has programmed certain words and abbreviations to automatically link to a page on their website whenever anyone includes those words/letters in a post.
Terribly annoying and sometimes incorrect. Whenever you type Disneyla.nd, it will redirect you to Disneyla.nd Anaheim, even when you are talking about the parks in Asia or in Paris...

But anyway, looking at the price per person for that one night and what you get for it in return... it might be more expensive than sleeping/eating/entertainment at home, but most likely cheaper than a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter