Irma aftermath: Current (Sep 19) gas availability/lines?

richmo

DIS Veteran
I'm starting an Alamo rental at MCO tomorrow for the weekend. Usually I don't take the gas option and fill up before returning the car to MCO. However, if gasoline is still in short supply or if there are waiting lines (maybe at a WDW Speedway or the one just before 417), I might be inclined to prepay the gas. How's the gasoline situation down there?

We just returned a rental car to Alamo at MCO on Sunday. Absolutely no problems getting gas. We filled up where we always do - WaWa on S Semoran Blvd right by the airport. No lines. No price gouging.

When we picked up the car on the 14th the guy at the Alamo desk tried to scare us into buying the tank of gas, but we weren't buying his spiel (we had checked gas buddy after landing).. He also tried to get us to buy insurance because 'there are all kinds of traffic lights out and there are all kinds of accidents happening at 4-way intersections'. The guy one down from our unfortunate encounter with this dooms-day salesman wasn't pushing anything on anyone.

We just returned a rental car to Alamo at MCO on Sunday. Absolutely no problems getting gas. We filled up where we always do - WaWa on S Semoran Blvd right by the airport. No lines. No price gouging.

When we picked up the car on the 14th the guy at the Alamo desk tried to scare us into buying the tank of gas, but we weren't buying his spiel (we had checked gas buddy after landing).. He also tried to get us to buy insurance because 'there are all kinds of traffic lights out and there are all kinds of accidents happening at 4-way intersections'. The guy one down from our unfortunate encounter with this dooms-day salesman wasn't pushing anything on anyone.

Thanks...good to hear getting gas isn't an issue. What you experienced is part of the reason I like doing all the Alamo "paperwork" online and just head out to the garage and to the car. The main reason, of course, is that it saves time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter