iPod users be careful during storms

This is an overly sensational story. The authors admit that the iPod had nothing to do with the lightening strike hitting the person although it did make the injury worse.

Wow I had no clue! Thanks Regina! :surfweb:

If I am ever outside in a thuderstorm, I think I may have to drop my cel phone and Ipod and run away from them!

But then again if it is in the middle of Kevin's dining review it will be hard to take the iPod off!! :goodvibes I love his reviews! :banana:

I think the biggest danger of iPod usage is the tendency to be totally oblivious to your surroundings. If you're focused on the DIS Unplugged Team's witty repartee, and not the impending storm, chances are much better that you're not going to hustle your sorry butt indoors where it ought to be, thus increasing your chances of a lightning strike.

Pay attention, people!

I agree Ursula -- I'm actually surprised we haven't had a lot more stories in the news about children/teens being injured or abducted due to the use of iPods. We have a bus stop for the local high school very close to my home and when the kids get off the bus they all have their earphones in and are completely oblivious to the traffic around them. More than once they have stepped out into the road in the path of an oncoming car. The only thing that's saved them is the fact that it's inside a subdivision where people are driving a bit slower than average.

I read about the same thing in the Dallas Morning News yesterday. You have any danger in lightning with any small appliance. It's not just iPods, so becareful with your cellphones and pda's too.

I read about the same thing in the Dallas Morning News yesterday. You have any danger in lightning with any small appliance. It's not just iPods, so becareful with your cellphones and pda's too.
Although only if you're wearing headphones. It was the electricity traveling alone the headphone wires that caused the bulk of the damage. Really you're in more danger with an umbrella with metal parts than hand held electronic device.

You are supposed to use caution with phones as well during storms. As a fire dispatcher, I have worked through many storms. Our older buildings, with all those antennas, got struck A LOT. More recently, now that I work in a centre using headsets, (and lightening rods!) I have been zapped a few times through my headset and straight into my ear. Our newest boss didn't even know about that until this story broke in the news. Usually it is just a bit stronger than a good static zap.
Of course that could explain a few things.... :crazy: :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter