Interesting story about The Disney Stores

Joshsmom, I always enjoy Union Station especially at the Holidays. Do you remember the train store? I will have to get out there to see all the great new Disney stuff. :D I hope your trip to the hospitals was nothing serious.

I do remember the train store at Union Station. It was AWESOME and I miss it!!

Going to TDS today for the GREAT sales and hopefully will run into store manager Brenda again so I can properly thank her!!

Hospital visits are follow-ups to DS7's kidney transplant in September! They are GOOD visits!! :earsgirl:

Maybe I'll see you at TDS this weekend!!

Hooray for the STL connection!!

I loved the Disney Stores of old, even though they were more crowded, they had so much stuff :-). These days I'm hard pressed to find stuff for my son who wears a mens size. My daughter can always find oodles of stuff because she's still a kids size. Now our store is layed out in a very open way instead of the former rows, but there's not much stuff. Thank goodness we make the annual trek to Disney or I'd go through total withdrawal. I also miss the fact that the stores no longer carry the pins. That is a bummer.

Just got back from TDS in Union Station St. Louis. What an AWESOME shopping experience!!! There were so MANY great deals!! I knocked several people right off my list. And, as a means of correction, the wonderful CM that I dealt with last time there was Bonnie. She was there again and just as helpful. Couldn't believe the deals I got!! Can't wait to go back! I wish all TDS would be as wonderful as the one here!! (of course, I haven't been to any others in AGES, so I guess I can't say yours AREN'T as good as mine!!);) ;)

Well, this thread gives me a tiny bit of hope. I was in the store on Michigan Ave in Chicago three weeks ago, and even though it was 4 or 5 times the size of the mall stores, it had nothing but plush (they were everywhere!), baby clothes, and toys. NO collectables, NO artwork (I used to love browsing the animation cells) and NO adult clothes other then one small rack. I used to go in and purchase stuff regularly, but never anymore these days.

Hopefully the changes mentioned here will come to my area. I have never met a CM with anything other than a winning "Disney" attitude though. They continue to be wonderful! Just trapped in a prison of Plush.

I have a correction for my earlier posts--the CM's name is Bonnie , not Brenda. I got the coolest POTC shirts in adult sizes!!! for my dad and nephew there yesterday! I also got sweatshirts for myself and DGM. Of course DS had to have stuff too--he loves the clothes and doesn't even bother with the PLUSH (yippee!) They didn't have any animation cells :( or artwork :( , but they did have lots of snowglobes, ornaments, and other "adult" stuff. I also got another coupon for $5 off during the week of Dec 9-16. I'll be back (to quote a famous govenor!!!!)

We went to the Disney store today for x-mas shopping and i will give them credit as they had alot more adult items that they have had in the past!!!
We bought several things in the store which he havent done in awhile and i even bought a brother Bear t-shirt w/The Moose are Loose on it.
It seems to me anyway that they are doing a better job with their merchandise mix(though i do miss my magic kingdom club discount) and i have never had any trouble with any of CM's.

WOW!

If I wasn't sick as a dog nursing a sick wife & an equally sick infant (our house is miserable right now), I think I'd make a run to the local store...sounds promising.

Cough, Cough, sniffle, sniffle

I am so happy to hear the good news! The last time I went into a Disney store I was so disappointed...they didn't even have any pins and it seemed there was nothing in adult sizes.

I've got my fingers crossed that they are returning to being a pocketsized piece of Disney World. So many people used to go into the store because of that I have to wonder why their management threw that away? It is almost as if the Rainforest Cafe decided to replace the rainforest and tropical fish tanks with the sort of decor you'd find at the Outback or TGIFridays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter