Interesting Experiences, Part II

DoulaMel

Disney Doula
We took all the suggestions in for our last trip and ended up at Whispering Canyon and the Sci Fi Diner for interesting experiences. Like people said, the food at SF was okay but the experience was fun and it was not super expensive. Now, we LOVED WC... like loved it, the only regret is not knowing that we should have gotten the pic with Ketchup Man.

We are going to the Disney area, but not likely, parks - unless we win a lottery, which is doubtful since we don't often buy tickets.

Anyway, we are looking for something outside of the parks like WC (and Prime Time.. I know, in park, but talking about experiences) where the people make the experience so much more fun. We were considering Hoop Dee Do but our kids are older (18, 20, 25) so not sure about this one. Considered also Chef Mickey - but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for not a lot of food; kids are good eaters.

Raglan Road in Disney Springs might be fun with its live music and Irish dancers (entertainment only in evening or for brunch on weekends). Also in Disney Springs, Morimoto offers an omakase menu where you put yourself in the chef’s hands, which could be cool if that cuisine is appealing. Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge is outstanding. Nothing “special” about Jiko environment but easy to make an evening of it by exploring the resort and it’s animal viewing areas. Or Sanaa at Kidani Vilkage is another good option (2 words: bread service) and at lunch can get a table with savannah views and potentially see some animals. At one point they also used to a lunch with an animal expert, which might be fun. Dinner at California Grill with view of fireworks is another option.

Oh yes!! We did do RR last time and loved it and have rebooked it.

Morimoto has not come up before, will look into that. I did poke around a bit at Cali Grill before, but wasn't sure. Will look again, thank you!

If you loved WCC (we do, too!), I think you kids will get a kick out of Hoop Dee Doo. It's super corny and really fun. Ft. W is also a lot of fun to visit. The stables where all of the WDW horses are housed are there. You can even take a wagon ride! It's definitely a unique, WDW interesting experience.

I would not recommend chef mickey’s unless you realllly want the characte experience. The food is just meh!

The new storybook dinner with Snow White has been getting good reviews and the characters are ones that are harder to meet elsewhere.

Raglan Road is a great experience outside of the parks... it’s loud but the music, dancing, food, and drinks are some of the best you’ll find there. We never miss it when we go to DW.

I also agree that Raglan is a good spot. I would add Boathouse (lovely atmosphere in first room or outside), Edison at night with entertainment and Homecomin Kitchen (no entertainment but nice food). My adult kids like these venues.

This is perfect. I will look them all up today.

Ketchup man - go to the restaurant and ask for ketchup. It will be delivered to you. If we go again, I will get a pic for you.

last I was there, ketchup was delivered by the other tables....I guess things have changed, huh?

do tell.....................

I recommend Morimoto for lunch. We had an inexpensive meal there, we all had various Ramen noodle soups. It is a very beautiful atmosphere.

Since your kids are older, they might enjoy Bongo's at Disney Springs! It is a pretty vibrant place and there's the option to join the dancing that happens throughout the meal (but no pressure to do so in my experience). I also thought the food was great and the portions were really big.

Our best meal on our last trip was at Bongos - I can't recommend it enough. Service was outstanding and food was delicious. Later dining hours there is also a band which was also very good.

We ate at the Edison and unfortunately, it was on the bottom of our list and we probably won't return. It was disappointing because we really wanted to like it. The server was horrible and if the food was good, we could have just chalked it up to that, but the food was the worst. My salmon filet was crunchy it was so overdone. Looks like a great place for cocktails and entertainment though.

Non-food related, but if your kids are gamers, look into The Void. It's a VR experience that looked really cool. We saw it online but the day we were planning on doing it we were beat and decided to head back to the room right after dinner. In September there was a storyline around the Star Wars Stormtroopers and I read there will also be a pop up Keys to the Kingdom experience.

If you all liked Whispering Canyon than Hoop Dee Doo is definitely the place for you. Regardless of the ages of your kids, Hoop is timeless and fun for all. The show is so classic that everyone can't help but have fun. Plus the food is great and for the "kids" over 21 there is beer and sangria included in the price.

There was a guy in a ketchup suit......
I saw him only at my most recent Whispering Canyon meal, and I'd been there several times before without seeing him. So I'm not sure if he's new, or if he only appears once in a big while.

The Edison at Disney Springs is an interesting atmosphere. In the evening, there is "entertainment" that goes from table to table as well as a band that plays music in line with the theme of the restaurant. The entertainment when we were there was a woman walking on stilts. The servers' uniforms also fit in well with the themes.

The Edison at Disney Springs is an interesting atmosphere. In the evening, there is "entertainment" that goes from table to table as well as a band that plays music in line with the theme of the restaurant. The entertainment when we were there was a woman walking on stilts. The servers' uniforms also fit in well with the themes.
Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!