Interesting bbq ideas?

CJK

DIS Veteran
We're throwing a bbq for 13 people this weekend. We're just doing traditional hamburgers/hotdogs, salads, etc..

I was wondering if anyone has any interesting appetizer or dessert ideas? I'm still trying to figure it out.

Also, do any of you have any "pizzazz" ideas to make the bbq special? It's a family bbq so everyone knows each other well. Any interesting organization of the hamburger toppings, etc..? I'm trying to make this bbq extra special (but within our budget), but I'm having trouble with ideas! Thanks so much!

If you are grilling corn on the cob, instead of regular butter, you could make a homemade herb butter.

Instead of a regular potato salad, you could make a hot potato salad.

For hamburgers, you could put out-jalepenos, instead of regular cheese, use blue cheese or if you are making homemade burgers, add in a cube of cheese inside of your burger which will melt when grilling. Have some sauteed mushrooms and onions, and different types of mustards.

Ceasar salad-You could have everyone make their own. Just put out a big bowl to toss everything in. Put the lettuce, cheese, crutons....all in different bowls and have each person make their own fresh salad.

Baked potato-You could have a baked potato bar. Just have the ingredients set out and everyone can add what they want. You could also do this with ice cream sundaes.

And for dessert, you could do a fondue or make some smores.

I like to put out a cold vegetable tray out at bbq's. It's nice and refreshing and not a lot of fuss as I just buy a tray at Costco!

I am not sure the ages of your attendees, but this would be fun for both kids and adults.
Have a shave ice/ice shave maker and have each person make their own. Top it off with different types of syrup, you can add in a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the middle, and even top it off with chucks of fresh fruits.

Have you ever had "fried apples"?

It is apples cut into sections, then cooked in a skillet with butter and brown sugar and cinnamon. I cover them for a bit until they soften some and then take off the top to let the juices thicken into a caramel sauce. You could serve them with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

I have done them in foil packets on the grill. Just put them on when the meat comes off. However, be sure the packets are sealed well or you will lose your yummy sauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter