Interest Thread for WDW & DLR Event Swap Sign-up 10/18 7:30pm EST

JohnsonsLoveDisney

DIS Veteran
I participated in this one last year and have used all my pieces and thought it would be fun to do another one and try my hand at hostessing over here.

So I would like to know if there would be enough interest to start one up.

I am pretty much open on dates my only planned event is we will be in WDW 12-8 to 12-15.

I have pretty much copied and pasted from last years swap and added the DLR events.

My questions:

Dates? We could do sign ups in Sept and be due end of Nov beginning of December. or not due till after the holidays begining of Jan.
Any more groups you would like to see added?
Do you want to do Mini Page kits, Single Elements or both?
What size groups?

Here is last years catagories with DLR added in.

Mini Page Kit Groups

MNSSHP
General Party -
HalloWishes -
Mickey’s Boo to You Parade
Trick or Treat Stations -
Alice & Mad Hatter’s Treat Trail -
Halloween Dance Parties –

DLR- Mickeys Trick or Treat Party Thanks for all the info Kristi!

Mickey's Hide and Go Treat Trails
Candy Corn Acres-
Hollywood Bat-Lot Bash
Pirate Warf-
Mickey's Trick or Treat on the Street Cavalcade

Character Greetings (if anyone was interested in this one)
MIckey and Minnie
Pirate Pals
Princessess
Villians
Playhouse Pals
Pixar Characters

General Disney Halloween

MVMCP
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Holiday Wishes
Mickey’s “Twas the Night Before Christmas” Show
“Celebrate the Season” Show
Belle’s Enchanted Christmas
Meet Santa

WDW Holiday Misc.
Epcot Christmas Tree Lighting
Candlelight Processional -
Osborne Family Festival of Lights
Epcot Holiday Story Tellers -
Christmas Trees at AK –
Santa Goofy-

WDW Holiday Parades
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade –
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas Time Parade –
Jingle Jungle Parade –
Jolly Holly-Day Parade -

Holiday Décor at the Resorts

DLR- Holiday

Believe in Holiday Magic-Fireworks
Haunted Mansion Holiday
It’s a Small World
A Christmas Fantasy Parade
Christmas Candlelight Procession
Santas Reindeer Round up
Santa’s beach blast

General Disney Christmas

Pirate & Princess Party (areas) -
Jasmine's Court
Ariel's Court -

Pirate & Princess Party (events) -Captain Jack Sparrow (meet –n- greet) -
Sebastian's Under the Sea Dance Party -
Enchanted Adventure Parade –
X marks the Spot (treat stations) –

General Pirates and Princess Party

Star Wars Weekend -
Join the Alliance – Rebel Base (name of area) -
Join the Empire – Imperial Sector (name of area) -
Legends of the Force – Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade –

Single Element Groups - Select your element when you sign up. We can add any and all groups from above as well.

1 - Boo to You Parade (MNSSHP Parade)

2 - Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (MVMCP Parade)

3 - Enchanted Adventure Parade -

4 - FnWF -

5 - FnGF -

6- Jingle Jungle Parade –

7- Jolly Holly-Day Parade

8- Santa Goofy

I was thinking of adding:

Any of the general park themes: Year of a Million Dreams, What will you Celebrate etc. They can be single element groups or mini page kits.

How about a 4th of July group?

Any other suggestions?

I would possibly be interested in the DLR park only as my books are done for WDW.
I went last year to MTNTParty and it was alot of fun and we go in November every year for our anniversary. I would be interested in DL Holidays.
Mini kits or elements are fine with me.
What dates are you looking at tho?

I would join the Christmas Parade and Flower&Garden as well as the Food &Wine groups.

Wit the resort groups- we let everyone choose which resort- those are just the ones choosen last year- the year before we did others including Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk- basically any specific resort is generally what is choosen. I would also do the Christmas Party stuff as I have not scrapped those photos yet.

I can give you some more areas for Pirate&Princess Party stuff- I just have to look at my album. I can also give you some more things for Star Wars Weekend if I look it up (I will be doing my pictures next weekend and could definately look at it then.

I would be in for a year of million dreams and what will you celebrate single element groups.

Rebecca

Generally it is a 3 piece kit- 3 elements from a list.

Great - thanks! So, basically, it is what several of the other swaps Z2H and I have done/are doing...like choosing to do a topper, photo mats, and a journal box, but just not sticking them down onto a page?

Great - thanks! So, basically, it is what several of the other swaps Z2H and I have done/are doing...like choosing to do a topper, photo mats, and a journal box, but just not sticking them down onto a page?

Yes and in the past a topper has been required- the exact make-up of them is up to the hostess but when Shauna and I did it in the past it was a topper and 2 other elements.

Rebecca

My questions:

Dates?I like the due date late Jan/early Feb.
Any more groups you would like to see added? Not sure what the princess/pirate group includes, but I would like to join in for the pirate, but I have no girls, so no princess stuff needed.
Do you want to do Mini Page kits, Single Elements or both?Will you be doing completed pages? I saw some talk about it on the calander theard. If you do completed pages I would drop the mini page kits and keep the elements. I did both the kits and elements last year and really liked everything I got back.
What size groups?
[/FONT]If there are completed pages I would do 4, but the kits and elements 5 or 6. I can handle those.

[/COLOR][/FONT]

I like the What Will You Celebrate idea. I am going for my 40th b-day, ds3 first trip, and to the MNSSHP for the first time. So I have 3 special occasions in one trip.

I would join.

I would possibly be interested in the DLR park only as my books are done for WDW.
I went last year to MTNTParty and it was alot of fun and we go in November every year for our anniversary. I would be interested in DL Holidays.
Mini kits or elements are fine with me.
What dates are you looking at tho?

Whatever works for those interested. :lmao:

We could do sign ups in Sept and be due end of Nov beginning of December. or not due till after the holidays begining of Jan.

I would join the Christmas Parade and Flower&Garden as well as the Food &Wine groups.

Wit the resort groups- we let everyone choose which resort- those are just the ones choosen last year- the year before we did others including Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk- basically any specific resort is generally what is choosen. I would also do the Christmas Party stuff as I have not scrapped those photos yet.

I can give you some more areas for Pirate&Princess Party stuff- I just have to look at my album. I can also give you some more things for Star Wars Weekend if I look it up (I will be doing my pictures next weekend and could definately look at it then.

I would be in for a year of million dreams and what will you celebrate single element groups.

Rebecca

:thumbsup2Sounds good. I was thinking the Park themes should be single elements too.

Yes and in the past a topper has been required- the exact make-up of them is up to the hostess but when Shauna and I did it in the past it was a topper and 2 other elements.

Rebecca

Thanks for helping. Had to finish cleaning the carpets while the girls were outside.:rolleyes:

I would like to do this swap. I'll be going to WDW in a few weeks with the big kids for MNSSHP and then the first week of Dec with my littlest one.

I would sign up for either elements or mini page kits for MNSSHP - -doesn't matter to me.

Group size 6 or 5.

For the Christmas stuff...I don't know. We'll probably see the lights at DHS. I don't think we will go to the party at MK or the Candlelight at Epcot. I guess I'd be interested in elements since a lot of it I won't have a need for.

I'll sign up for some of the single elements groups for the more general topics since I don't seem to have pictures for most of the specific things listed.

I like that you are covering just about everything in your elements and mini-page kit swap, because when I do the page swap for this I'll mostly set up groups more generalized with only some of the more popular specific areas.

I would like to do this swap. I'll be going to WDW in a few weeks with the big kids for MNSSHP and then the first week of Dec with my littlest one.

I would sign up for either elements or mini page kits for MNSSHP - -doesn't matter to me.

Group size 6 or 5.

For the Christmas stuff...I don't know. We'll probably see the lights at DHS. I don't think we will go to the party at MK or the Candlelight at Epcot. I guess I'd be interested in elements since a lot of it I won't have a need for.

Thanks for the input. I can definatly do single elements for each of the Christmas catagories. I just copied and pasted from last years so I'll add those up there.

I'll sign up for some of the single elements groups for the more general topics since I don't seem to have pictures for most of the specific things listed.

I like that you are covering just about everything in your elements and mini-page kit swap, because when I do the page swap for this I'll mostly set up groups more generalized with only some of the more popular specific areas.

I was thinking about a general Disney Halloween, and Christmas groups as well. :confused3

I'd definitely join for MNSSHP, Food and Wine, and possibly general Halloween. Although that might depend on how many pictures I take on the next trip - most of the past Halloween trips are already scrapped.

Awesome! This is just what I need! I have loads of photos from our christmas WDW trip last year that need scrapped. I'd join all the christmasy groups. I prefer a due date after the holidays--beginning of January or mid January. That way if I'm not finished I can work on the swap over christmas break. I'll still join though if it's due earlier. I like elements but the idea of mini page kits is most appealing to me.

I might consider joining. I personally prefer the mini-page kits like we've done before, though, because then there would be matching elements.

This year, I'm attending all the events, F&GF, F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, CP, Osbourne Lights.

I absolutely love doing resort holiday items as well. All of the resorts decorate to the hilt, so they are all up for grabs even though people don't often choose to do all of them. They're all unique and lovely!

Reminds me, I need to change my ticker as I'm cancelling my early Nov ressies since I'm going the end of Nov and first week of Dec!! Anyone want to meet who will be there??

I might join, depends on the dates. We are going to WDW Dec.12-23, so will need more christmas stuff. I also need more halloween, and would love a Celebrate group,

Just wondering if you are limiting people to only a couple groups if we haven't swapped with you before? I am sort of new here. I think I'm on my 4th swap now. I'd like to join several groups and I'll need to really prioritize and re-think my choices should you put a sign-up limit in place for newbies. That's fine if so...I understand. I just wanted to prepare for which groups I'd choose.
Thanks a bunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter