Insurance for DVC Rentals thru a third party

disneyplanner76

Keep Moving Forward Thanks for the Adventure
Has anyone bought and used travel insurance to insurance for a reservation thru David's DVC or other third party DVC Rentals companies? I've heard that policies might not cover if you have to cancel the trip because you paid points to Disney and the cash was to a third party rather than the hotel itself. Want to plan a trip in March but covid has me wanting to buy insurance!

I cant answer directly but do know that most travel insurance do not cover for pandemics and several posters here didn't have good luck.

Just a reminder to everyone that if you discuss a business, please post the link. If it shows up blocked, then you can not discuss them or any products they may sell.

I think one of the DVC brokers offers a.type of insurance but you don't get a full refund if cancelled within so many days of check in (like 60?) I forgot which one but it's searchable.

Otherwise, like the PP said, I don't think you will find an insurance company that will cover pandemics at this point.

A hotel with a refund policy will be better.

Hello, all! I am planning to rent DVC through David's for a trip in December. It will be my first time renting. I am concerned about insurance. I don't think most 3rd party insurance companies will be of any help. Has anyone ever had to cancel after renting points and had any luck with either an insurance company or with David's working with them to modify the reservation?

Hello, all! I am planning to rent DVC through David's for a trip in December. It will be my first time renting. I am concerned about insurance. I don't think most 3rd party insurance companies will be of any help. Has anyone ever had to cancel after renting points and had any luck with either an insurance company or with David's working with them to modify the reservation?

The contracts with brokers are pretty strict and changes are not allowed, Be sure you understand it all before getting into one,

If you are concerned with having some out, you may want to either go with Disney direct, or look for a private owner who may offer more options for emergencies than the broker will.

I have heard most policy exclude Covid related issues for canceling, but maybe look into cancel for any reason ones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter