Inspired by Princess Vija ~ What's for lunch?

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
After reading Princess Vija's post in regards to breakfast, I wondered what you all usually had for lunch. I try to vary what I have, but I usually end up with the sandwich and pickles and no-fat Pringles. I need some variety.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I am having 6 hot wings with blue cheese, with a spinach salad :)

I work at home and look forward to lunch or brunch time to get out of the house. HEY -- it's the only excuse I have to do my hair and put shoes on during the day!;)

I generally go to a local deli/convenience store and order 'the usual' --- they all know what I want! Chicken Cheesesteak MINUS the bun. If I'm overly hungry I will sometimes also get a piece of broasted chicken breast to have with it. (Lunch is my protien meal - I always feel better this way)

A cute story ---- one day there was a new employee. I ordered 'the usual' and I don't think he caught the 'without the bun' phrase. When I told him that I wanted it put in a bowl with a lid (to go) --- he said "You want me to put a Chicken Cheesesteak in THAT?" --- you should have seen the look on his face as he was trying to figure out how he was going to stuff that BIG sandwich in that little bowl!:eek: PRICELESS!:D

Low Carb - Atkins OWL

Lunch is usually one of the following:

Almost Cobb Salad - 1/4 cup of crumbled blue cheese, 1/4 cup of crumbled real bacon, 5 or 6 grape tomatoes, 1 to 2 cups of romaine lettuce, and 2 TBS of full fat ranch dressing. Currently one of my favorite lunch time salads!

Chicken Ceasar Salad - 3 ounces of grilled chicken strips, 1 to 2 cups of romaine lettuce, 2 TBS of freshly grated parmesan, 2 TBS of classic full fat ceasar dressing. Another Yum!

Turkey Salad - 1/2 cup of diced turkey meat mixed with 2 TBS of mayo, 1 TBS each of diced onion and chopped walnuts. I eat this on a bed of romaine lettuce... or bring sliced fresh cucumbers to go with it.

Leftovers Salad - 3 ounces of sliced steak, or what ever meat is left over from the previous day's dinner, 1 or 2 cups of romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, diced peppers and or celery. 2 TBS of full fat ranch dressing.

Occassionally, I will bring 2 roasted chicken thighs and sliced cucumbers. This is kind of messy to eat - so I don't do that too often.

On work days - I pack my salads in a container and pack it to work in a small insulated lunch bag with a small ice pack. The dressing is in a separate small container. I always bring a bottled water for my drink.

Today I had tuna with mayonaise, 1 oz minced onion, 1/2 dill pickle in 1/2 avocado. Yummy :)

I have a lot of variety for lunch. I often have leftovers from dinner. Or a sandwhich with cauliflower salad, (cauliflower with low fat mayo, frozen peas, and bacon bits with dill) and fruit. Sometimes soup and grilled cheese sandwhich. On Thursdays I get McDonald's;) . Egg salad sandwhich. Lately I have been having a lot of fruit with my meal as well which is new for me. Hope this helps.

I often have salads like DixieDreamer described, but this week, I've just been eating two hard boiled eggs each day. Not very exciting, but it seems to be what I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter