(inspired by Mousekateer55) When do/did you get your driver's license??

AFgirl325

Addicted to the DIS!
I'll get my permit when I turn 16 (another year and couple months) and my license when I turn 16 ½ - that's the rule in my state- you can get your permit when you turn 16, but only can get your license 6 months after you get your permit- I know in some states it's different though....

So when do/did you get your license? What's the age you can get your permit/license in your state? :)

I will get my Learners in about 6 months and then my real license a year later when I am 16.

What's the difference in a permit and a license??

I'm eligible for my license December 1st of this year but i probably won't get it until some time in january.

I got my license this May when I turned 17. In NJ the age for a license is 17, but they're changing it to 18. I'm glad I was born in 84, because if I was born a year later, I'd have to wait until I was 18!

Technically, I can get my license when I'm 17, but knowing my wonderful driving skills, I probably won't get it until I'm 46 or something :rolleyes:

<font color=blueviolet size=3>In Ontario you have to be 16 to get your beginners, which is just a written test. Then you can drive w/licensed driver in the passenger seat, between 5 am & midnight. If you take drivers ed you can get your license (you have to take a road test) 8 months after & if you don't take classes you have to wait a year. I go for my license on Wednesday... for the 3rd time! :rolleyes: Argh... I'm a perfectly fine driver when I'm NOT getting tested... but when there's an examiner in the car I get really really nervous! I better get it this time though!!

Ooops, I forgot to add, after I take my test on Wednesday, I have to take another test a year after to get my FULL license... it's supposed to be really hard & it costs $75 each time...

First of all I would like to say I'm not extremely flattered that this thread was inspired by me, but that's ok. I got my permit when I was 15 & two months. I probably won't be able to get my license until I'm 17 even though you have to be 16 to get a license. Even then, it wouldn't be a full license but a provisional license. FYI, I don't have to wait until I'm 17 because of the recent incident either but rather a medical condition.

The keep changing everything on me so I have no clue!! :rolleyes:

Umm well, next year when I'm a sophmore, I'll take driver's ed, and then you have to take a test. If you pass that test, you're eligible to get your permit. Then, like right after you turn 16, you can take driving lessons, and if you pass that and I think the test, you get your restricted license when you are 17. I'll be able to take lessons over the summer before my junior year (haha to Lola, I get my license sooner than you would have if you were my age :D ) lol

Umm, anyway, then when I'm 18, I'll get my license license which will be the end of senior year. It's unfair that some people (like my friend Erika) will be 15 in Dec., so she'll get her license during her senior year. I wouldn't drive with her anyway :D or Lola :eek: :D

i get my license 10 months from 2day!! :)

its 10 months until i turn 16...i can get my permit whenever.

Jenn-permit means to drive you have to have another license driver in the car with you at all times,..a license means you dont

Here in NC, you can get your permit when you finish drivers ed., providing you are 15 or older. I turn 16 in March, and I just now got around to taking the first portion of drivers ed. :rolleyes: We have to take three weeks in the written class after school, then we get called back a few months later to spend two weeks with an instructor in the car. Now I get to sit back and wait for that call.... After that, I can get my permit and once I've had my permit for a year, I can get my license. I'm going to be nearing 17 before I can get my license! :(
Oh well, I guess.

Yup...Permit when you're 16, Restricted License (if born 85 or later) at 17, and Regular License at 18. I don't mind that I have to wait until I'm 18 to get a non-restricted license because all a restricted license basically says is: "Don't drive after 12." hehe But it's okay because all my friends are starting to get their licenses, so they can drive me around! And my driving test to get my license is the first day of my senior year! LOL

In CA, you can get your permit at age 15 (most get theirs at 15 1/2.) Then you can get your license at age 16, as long as you have had your permit for at least 6 months. To get your permit you have to enroll in driver's ed and training, and take the written test, and then to get your license you have to take the on the road test. If I get my permit by January 16 I can get my license on my 16th birthday, July 16. :) The license you get at age 16 is restricted, though - you can't have passengers under 18 for the 1st 6 months, and some other rules.

Originally posted by AFgirl325
I'll get my permit when I turn 16 (another year and couple months) and my license when I turn 16 ½ - that's the rule in my state- you can get your permit when you turn 16, but only can get your license 6 months after you get your permit- I know in some states it's different though....

Same here! I am from Pittsburgh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter