Insomniacs unite

Having one of those "brain won't shut off" nights. (Then when I do fall asleep, I hear a noise or something.) - Messed myself up by falling asleep watching TV earlier!

Kitty is purring, though. I think she's glad for the company. 😆

Hugs dear PollyannaMom. Prayers that you my friend along with all of dear you in this kind thread including me, get some better sleep tonight. This time of night for me is always hard right now. I want so much to sleep so dad can. I know any sleep is a gift and what a precious blessing to know through my faith God is with me at all hours. I definitely thank Him also for each of you. Sweet Dreams, friends.

Having one of those "brain won't shut off" nights. (Then when I do fall asleep, I hear a noise or something.) - Messed myself up by falling asleep watching TV earlier!

Kitty is purring, though. I think she's glad for the company. 😆
I miss having a kitty. My son was allergic so we opted to have my cat move in with my cousin and keep my child. It seemed like a good choice at the time. lol
I struggled to fall asleep and woke up at 4am. I need to get my butt in gear and head to work. Have a great day!

Prayers all of you are sleeping peacefully right now. God willing I will be too soon. Dad and I were both so blessed to get extra sleep today. I'm just tired but more up now. Sweet dreams dear friends with a hug always.

Hello. Anyone else awake at this ungodly hour?
Had a vim about my building being power washed. The flashing red light woke me and I cannot get back to sleep. I am exhaustificated.

:hug:Snowwhite and prayer you did get some sleep. I was up then. Grace of God I did sleep afterwards. These days for me, it seems as though the first couple hours of trying to go to sleep are hardest. As I've said, stories, videos, and music don't work for me. Have any of you tried asking someone to read you a story while lightly rubbing your back? I do remember this worked at naptime with preschoolers duringbmy teaching days. Love and better sleep prayers to all.

:hug:Snowwhite and prayer you did get some sleep. I was up then. Grace of God I did sleep afterwards. These days for me, it seems as though the first couple hours of trying to go to sleep are hardest. As I've said, stories, videos, and music don't work for me. Have any of you tried asking someone to read you a story while lightly rubbing your back? I do remember this worked at naptime with preschoolers duringbmy teaching days. Love and better sleep prayers to all.
I’m traveling alone but maybe I will go ask the neighbors. lol I think that’s part of it. I sleep better with DH.

Prayers we all sleep tonight. Mercy of God, on Tuesday a wonderful podiatrist came to my apartment. Dr. S examined my feet and reassured me that in her opinion nothing was broken, wounded, or infected! Praise extra to God! She also said the heavy boot I had been wearing since December was no longer needed. Hooray! I now am wearing the protective shoe on my left foot, a product Dr. S shared she recommends to patients all the time. Dr. S agreed that the boot weighted almost (not quite but I am very thin) as much as I do. Such a blessing to be done with that. Resting as you can imagine is a ton easier minus the boot. I still have difficulty falling asleep during the night :( Daytime sleep and rest is a ton easier. As I have shared before I am sure my body knows how hard I want to sleep at night so my beloved dad can and that's why my cycle is not normal as it is during the day. Any rest, of course, is a blessing. Next, I'd appreciate prayers most of all, always, for my dear dad. Dad has foot issues (different than mine) and hasn't been able to go to a doctor because i need him still to help me get up for the bathroom, etc. He can only be gone on shorter errands. So far no one from the church I was apart of and so active in pre pandemic or anyone else has been able to help. We are working on that along with doing our best to overcome my current lack of helpful health insurance to get me physical therapy which Dr. S recommended a couple times a week over the next month to help me more safely and quickily regain strength and also get rid of lingering feet discomfort. Prayers for me appreciated, of course, too. Thank you all so very much. Sweet Dreams, friends.

As a P.S. I have mentioned that hot cocoa (made with warm milk never water) can help me be more restful Forgive me if I have asked this already on here. Should any of you have a Ralphs Supermarket (what the chain is called out here in LA) or Kroger please PM me, Thank you!

Attachments

• Boot.jpg
    Boot.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Shoe.jpg
    Shoe.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hoping everyone gets some good 💤😴🥱 tonight. I’ve been on and off with the sleeping cycles, but hoping to sleep in tomorrow. 🥰

Thanks, Evilmommie. Prayers that you along with everyone else in this caring thread had a blessed Easter, dad and I did. Prayers also, of course, that unlike me all of dear you are peacefully asleep right now. God willing, I will eventually be catching some good zzz's too. Hugs to all. P.S and reassurance thanks to God, I did get some sleep. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter