Initial planning

Fuzzy_Slippers

Earning My Ears
My wife and I will be heading to Florida for the first time in February. We will be spending 4 days at the Disney parks, one each day. The dates are Feb 2 - 5. We are most likely not going to take advantage of the morning Extra Magic Hours. Right now, this is our plan:

Animal Kingdom - Sunday, 2/2
Hollywood Studios - Monday, 2/3
Magic Kingdom - Tuesday, 2/4
Epcot - Wednesday, 2/5

How does that look to you guys? Would you switch things up?

Thanks, guys.

My wife and I will be heading to Florida for the first time in February. We will be spending 4 days at the Disney parks, one each day. The dates are Feb 2 - 5. We are most likely not going to take advantage of the morning Extra Magic Hours. Right now, this is our plan:

Epcot - Wednesday, 2/5

Thanks, guys.

-You're most likely not going to get the most popular rides when reserving fastpasses (FP) at those first two parks (or you'll get late times for them, which means you won't be able to use up the 3 FP's you get in order to get the 4th+ FP). If you don't care about Flight of Passage (great ride whether you like Avatar or not) and Slinky Dog Dash, then you're fine. Just remember for DHS, almost all rides w/ FP are Tier 1, which means from that list you can only choose on as part of your three advanced FP.

-I personally like to end the vacation on MK because it's quintessential Disney. But if you prefer say the more mature EPCOT, then go with that. Be aware there is a lot of construction going on with this park right now so really consider if that may or may not mar your last experience at WDW for the time you're there. If it's your first visit there, you might not really notice it though.

Those look good to me. I think the most important thing about choosing park days is to stay away from parks with EMH, if you do't plan to take advantage of the EMH.

It looks great. Just a personal thing, but if it were me, I'd start at MK. It's the heart of WDW and the only place a newbie should start, IMO. But that's just pure opinion, what you have is fine.

Epcot - Wednesday, 2/5

Thanks, guys.
If you want a fast pass for Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom, you should put AK last so you have a good chance of getting one.

-You're most likely not going to get the most popular rides when reserving fastpasses (FP) at those first two parks (or you'll get late times for them, which means you won't be able to use up the 3 FP's you get in order to get the 4th+ FP). If you don't care about Flight of Passage (great ride whether you like Avatar or not) and Slinky Dog Dash, then you're fine. Just remember for DHS, almost all rides w/ FP are Tier 1, which means from that list you can only choose on as part of your three advanced FP.

-I personally like to end the vacation on MK because it's quintessential Disney. But if you prefer say the more mature EPCOT, then go with that. Be aware there is a lot of construction going on with this park right now so really consider if that may or may not mar your last experience at WDW for the time you're there. If it's your first visit there, you might not really notice it though.
We always finish the vacation at the MK. Our second day at the MK is a more leisurely day, we like to hit up the Laugh Floor and Carousel of Progress to end the night.

There is nothing wrong with your plan. AK on the first day, FoP will be very difficult to get.
However, if you are not going to take advantage of EMH, I would be sure to not visit a park on that day as you will start behind.
When we don't do EMH, we go to that park the day after EMH as it seems slightly less crowded (not sure if that is reality, but many follow that view).
I would consider:
Sunday - MK FPs other than 7DMT are easiest here
Monday - HS EMH was Sunday, SDD will be difficult
Tuesday - AK later in the trip, you might be able to get FoP
Wednesday - EPCOT shouldn't be hard to get whatever you want.

You could swap Sunday and Wednesday, but Wednesday is EMH at MK.

There is nothing wrong with your plan. AK on the first day, FoP will be very difficult to get.
However, if you are not going to take advantage of EMH, I would be sure to not visit a park on that day as you will start behind.
When we don't do EMH, we go to that park the day after EMH as it seems slightly less crowded (not sure if that is reality, but many follow that view).
I would consider:
Sunday - MK FPs other than 7DMT are easiest here
Monday - HS EMH was Sunday, SDD will be difficult
Tuesday - AK later in the trip, you might be able to get FoP
Wednesday - EPCOT shouldn't be hard to get whatever you want.

You could swap Sunday and Wednesday, but Wednesday is EMH at MK.

I was about to make the same suggestion but saw the MK EMH (which has been on evenings on wednesdays but I guess that's changing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter