Info on Resort Mugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

disny4fun

Mouseketeer
I just got back from DW and I will write a trip report soon, but while I was there I noticed that several guests at our resort were using the old red and black refillable resort mugs from 2009. I spoke with a Cast Member and also a Manger, both told me there was no rule in regards to having a new resort mug and guests were welcome to bring back their previously purchased mugs from their last vacation. Wow that's a savings of $14.00 plus tax per person!

We did buy one mug regardless because we do use them throughout the year and enjoy them, but I wanted to share the info as soon as we can incase anyone is going soon.

IF that were true that would be amazing...however, I can't imagine Disney passing up ANY opportunity to nickle and dime us. :laughing:

I'm not entirely sure that CM knew what he was talking about, but I believe he was very wrong ....:confused3

If you look on the side of your mug, it clearly stated this :
" Refills available at no additional charge at Resort Beverage Islands located at the resort that this mug was purchased through the end of your resort stay".

People bring them back, but to me, it's stealing. You're supposed to use it for your stay, it's not a lifetime of Coke for the family with one purchase.

Lol...at lifetime of coke. I don't understand why people bring them back to re-use anyway. My opinion $14.99 is cheap for a GREAT souvenir. We too use them at home, I am having coffee in my 2009 mug right now! In Wy.:surfweb:

I think it may be one of those thing where techincally you really aren't supposed to use the mug from a previous year but a cast member is not going to tackle you and send you to Disney jail if you are. BTW I think Disney Jail may be being stuck on It's a Small World for hours on end...lol

Me personall,y I get a new mug every year and consider it a souvenir. Although many people have very strong opinions on this, I really don't care either way if someone is using an old mug. It's just soda. But, to each his own.

I can see these days with the Meal Plans on offer where the mug is free and included in many of the deals Disney being more lax on the using the old mug point.

That said if you qualify for a free mug why would you bring an old one?. Mmm , i didn't think that one through too well :)

I think it's one of these things Disney just turn a blind eye to. Too much hassle and possible embaresment to guests and staff if they try and enforce it?

I agree that at the price it is it's so much of a bargain anyways and shouldn't be abused but people will be people.

I honestly don't see how people have enough room to pack old mugs too save a few dollars when luggage space is such a premium on a disney Vacations :lmao:

I think it may be one of those thing where techincally you really aren't supposed to use the mug from a previous year but a cast member is not going to tackle you and send you to Disney jail if you are. BTW I think Disney Jail may be being stuck on It's a Small World for hours on end...lol

I've been to Disney Jail, and believe me you do not want to go. Oh sure it was nice to have a new outfit made by the birds and mice... but they start at the crack of dawn! :scared1: I hardly slept a wink.

This is just one more example of Disney inconsistancies. There is info on the side of each mug that states you are entitled to free refills at the resort in which the mug was purchased for the duration of that particular stay. Now, is that enforced? Nope, not hardly. And, if you ask 25 different CMs, both in the parks and at the resorts, you'll get about 85-90% that will tell you it's okay to bring them back and reuse them on subsequent trips...even if at a different resort.
So, what's a guest to do?? Of course they are going to reuse them. And no amount of posting here is going to convince someone that they shouldn't. IF Disney would enforce that rule, it would be a different story.

My issue??? Seeing people bringing in mugs from other sources. At least use a WDW mug each time...not a 7-11 Big Gulp mug.

This is just one more example of Disney inconsistancies. There is info on the side of each mug that states you are entitled to free refills at the resort in which the mug was purchased for the duration of that particular stay. Now, is that enforced? Nope, not hardly. And, if you ask 25 different CMs, both in the parks and at the resorts, you'll get about 85-90% that will tell you it's okay to bring them back and reuse them on subsequent trips...even if at a different resort.
So, what's a guest to do?? Of course they are going to reuse them. And no amount of posting here is going to convince someone that they shouldn't. IF Disney would enforce that rule, it would be a different story.

My issue??? Seeing people bringing in mugs from other sources. At least use a WDW mug each time...not a 7-11 Big Gulp mug.

What about a Super Big Gulp? Nothin says lovin like 54 ounces of Dr Pepper.

When we stayed at WL in 1998 we purchased the resort mugs. At that time when you bought the mugs they could be used every time you stayed at the resort where you bought the mug forever. We questioned several cast members and was told that same thing. Forever...

I have no problem using my 1998 WL mugs the next time we stay at WL. That's what I was told and that's what I will do. However, I would never use it any where else but WL.

If CM's do not give a hoot about people smoking throughout the parks (not in smoking areas) I really don't think they are going to approach people using their old mugs . . .:rolleyes: Does anyone truly care if someone is using their old mug anyway? Really?

If CM's do not give a hoot about people smoking throughout the parks (not in smoking areas) I really don't think they are going to approach people using their old mugs . . .:rolleyes: Does anyone truly care if someone is using their old mug anyway? Really?
I doubt it!!! Have to agree about that smoking though. Drives me nuts to be standing there, and have someone come up and stand beside me with a big old cigar in his mouth. This has happened to me twice while watching IllumiNations. And CMs have walked right by without doing a thing.

Really....as long as guests are using official WDW resort mugs, who cares if they are from 2 years ago?? Yeah, Disney put the 'verbiage' on 'em, but CMs just don't do anything about it. And I have to tell ya...I feel like a fool when I go and buy a new mug while I watch the vast majority of other guests refilling their quite obviously old mugs!! Once I have a certain mug design, I'm just not willing to pay for another one. No need for 8 of the same mugs.

:rotfl: The year we saw the guy fill up his super big gulp cup was the year my DH refused to ever buy another mug for himself. I will purchase new ones for me and my 3 kids this year (which is a substantial sum of money for those who think its cheap), but my DH will be using his old one. What can I do? He's a grown man.

:rotfl: The year we saw the guy fill up his super big gulp cup was the year my DH refused to ever buy another mug for himself. I will purchase new ones for me and my 3 kids this year (which is a substantial sum of money for those who think its cheap), but my DH will be using his old one. What can I do? He's a grown man.
That would be me as well. My favorite 'mug refill' story??? There my dd and I sat, at the Pop food court. We watched a woman (had to be about 40) walk in, thermos in hand, go over to the refill station, fill up the thermos with soda and walk away. Now, this was a sizable thermos...had to hold about 6 refillable mugs' worth of soda. And....to add insult to injury??? There was a CM standing there, wiping down the refill area....never said a word to this woman.
And that's why I refuse to buy a mug each trip.

BTW I think Disney Jail may be being stuck on It's a Small World for hours on end...lol

:rotfl:

Oh, that's easy! They stuff their underwear in the mugs.:rotfl2:

These are too funny!! :lmao:

:scared1:OMG!

Yep, can't make him. :rotfl2:

That would be me as well. My favorite 'mug refill' story??? There my dd and I sat, at the Pop food court. We watched a woman (had to be about 40) walk in, thermos in hand, go over to the refill station, fill up the thermos with soda and walk away. Now, this was a sizable thermos...had to hold about 6 refillable mugs' worth of soda. And....to add insult to injury??? There was a CM standing there, wiping down the refill area....never said a word to this woman.
And that's why I refuse to buy a mug each trip.

WOW, this I can't believe! :sad2:

NO......... NO....... NO...... NO..... NO.... NO... NO.. NO. NO

Please not another mug thread.

mercy, surrender, I give, parlay?

Managers have some leeway on how to run their areas as well. It may be the manager of this resort feels that mugs bring repeat business and he is not going to worry about new mug/old mug.

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter