Inexpensive Shoes

Do not take Merrells! Learned that the hard way on the trip I got back from. Thought a good hiking shoe would be a benefit but they have no give. In years past I have done well with New Balance.. Kohl’s usually has sales on them. I have some tried and true Filas that I got on sale that worked well at work standing for hours at a time.
I wore my Merrell trail running shoes. They were light and comfortable, and they did well with the downpour at HS.

Do not take Merrells! Learned that the hard way on the trip I got back from. Thought a good hiking shoe would be a benefit but they have no give. In years past I have done well with New Balance.. Kohl’s usually has sales on them. I have some tried and true Filas that I got on sale that worked well at work standing for hours at a time.
I wore my Merrell
I've been wearing a Crocs flip flop for years now and they've stopped producing the style.

I've had maybe 10 pairs of them because like almost any footwear, eventually the sole support gives out and they are not as good as new. I don't like to wear broken down footwear as I think support from the sole up is important.

So now I'm on the hunt for a decent Croc style flip that suits my foot.

In the winter months I'll wear athletic shoes in the evenings when it is cooler. I've had good luck with New Balance and Puma, and some Nike styles. I've also worn Teva sandals, but I like the freedom of the flip flop styles.
Maybe Oofos. I just bought a pair and they are the only flip flops I have ever liked.
trail running shoes. They were light and comfortable, and they did well with the downpour at HS.

Alot of Asics models are moderately priced and very comfortable. They are my go to Disney shoe.

My last trip I started out in Birkenstocks and ended up in Nikes. The trip before I started in Keens and ended up in very old broken in Birkenstocks and was so glad I brought them at the last minute. The trip before that was all Birkenstocks. So yeah I'd bring a variety of high quality shoes, break them in beforehand, and definitely wouldn't go on the cheap side.

My last trip I brought an entire carry-on suitcase full of shoes. I have extremely high arches and end up with severe low back pain. I also have neuropathy and have no feeling in my feet and am very prone to blisters (not where you'd think, like on the back of heels, but on the bottoms of the entire foot)--have ended up in wheel chair to prevent my feet from becoming infected (the woes of a T1 diabetic). But I learned if I changed my shoes often--daily, sometimes 2x/day, my feet did perfectly fine. I could wear my disney vans, my Merrell sandals, my brooks running shoes with my custom orthotics, my Dansko sandals. My DH has learned to not even complain about the extra bag anymore as it generally is cheaper than a wheel chair rental or heaven forbid, a trip to the ER.

my favorite inexpensive disney shoes are a copy of the oofos flip flops that are available on amazon for about $15. The same brand makes a birkenstock-type slide as well and I have worn both around the parks. They don't last a tremendously long time, I wouldn't plan on wearing them for years, but they're supportive and cushiony, which is usually where my foot pain comes from - the impact with the ground. I can't wear anything with a super firm sole or hard arch support in the parks because the pressure gets too much.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SQXLC3W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I switch them with some new balance fuelcore nergize, I think someone else mentioned them - usually easily obtained at the outlets near disney springs, and I stick a basic gel insole on top of the memory foam one and I'm good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter