Inexpensive Shoes

hedge333

Mouseketeer
While preparing for our Feb trip, I started inventory on shoes. I generally bring at least two pairs per person. We each have a pair or crocs or good sandals to bring but are lacking in the tennis shoes dept. We are looking for inexpensive shoe recommendation or even insole recommendations. Thanks.

our family loves wearing Toms. easy to get on/off and good for warmer weather. Kids can get them on themselves. I personally don’t wear them with socks, but the kids do. You can usually get a good deal if you don’t care about patterns.

Do not take Merrells! Learned that the hard way on the trip I got back from. Thought a good hiking shoe would be a benefit but they have no give. In years past I have done well with New Balance.. Kohl’s usually has sales on them. I have some tried and true Filas that I got on sale that worked well at work standing for hours at a time.

Inexpensive shoes sometimes have thin soles and no support = sore feet. A Disney trip is not a time when I would be looking for cheap shoes. (I do like to take flip-flops for when I am at the hotel, if I run down to gift shop or quick service restaurant.)

Personally, we use a quality, lightweight running shoe with good support. Our "go to" brand is Brooks, but we have also had good luck with Asics and New Balance. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Each brand has their better shoe and their bargain level shoe.

I only wear Crocs or Keens. I tried wearing tennis shoes and my feet hurt by the end of the day.

I've been wearing a Crocs flip flop for years now and they've stopped producing the style.

I've had maybe 10 pairs of them because like almost any footwear, eventually the sole support gives out and they are not as good as new. I don't like to wear broken down footwear as I think support from the sole up is important.

So now I'm on the hunt for a decent Croc style flip that suits my foot.

In the winter months I'll wear athletic shoes in the evenings when it is cooler. I've had good luck with New Balance and Puma, and some Nike styles. I've also worn Teva sandals, but I like the freedom of the flip flop styles.

I'll echo what others have said...be careful about going too cheap on your shoes. You want a pair that fits your foot well and gives you good support. For me, that's Teva sandals and Asics tennis shoes. As you can see from the other responses, this is something that varies from person to person. But you really want to make sure you have a good pair of shoes that are comfortable. And try to break them in before your trip. Getting blisters from a new pair of shoes is no fun. Though, if you do get blisters, you can stop by the first aid at any of the parks and they will hook you up with a supply of bandaids. :)

Disney involves a LOT of walking for most visitors, so I would be looking to wear comfortable/well-made shoes. It would be a mistake to bring a new pair of shoes and then find out they don't feel comfortable. It is less about price and more about finding shoes that work for you.

I have a pair of Teva sandals that I love! I've had them for years and used them for Disney and other trips. My feet don't get tired and they dry easily if your feet get wet on a ride or in the rain. I always wear them if it calls for rain.

My last trip, I had a pair of Nike sneakers and my feet hurt by supper time. I just bought a pair of Asics to break in before our next trip and hopefully those will work better.

I have a couple of pairs of New Balance fuelcore nergize that I love. You can usually find them on sale if you search around - I've gotten good deals on them at Nordstrom Rack, DSW, and Kohls.

Broken in shoes are the best choice. And Spenco ( Dr recommended for me) make the best insoles. Sometimes an old comfy pair feel great with new insoles.

Skechers makes some great walking shoes. If you have a Skechers outlet near you, they usually have a buy a pair get a pair half off sale. Their clearance section is great too.

Skechers, tevas...I really like Ryka, which you can occasionally find on sale, Asics, Saucony. I do not recommend super cheap shoes. Your feet will be unhappy about 8 miles in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter