Indianapolis DIS Meet - 4th Annual - All Welcome

Hi Everyone -
A quick update. The meet will be held at the same location as last year. See the first post of this thread for specific location information. This facility seems to fit our needs very well.

See you in a few months!

I might be in?!?! No meet and greets in Michigan....and leaving WDW on 9/1. Not too much of a stretch....driving to Indy! I lived there a few years ago....miss it! Let me know on the hotel block.

I might be in?!?! No meet and greets in Michigan....and leaving WDW on 9/1. Not too much of a stretch....driving to Indy! I lived there a few years ago....miss it! Let me know on the hotel block.
Hi!
Glad you are thinking of coming to the meet. My suggestion would be to book at the Cambria Suites. If we get a block of rooms you can always move your reservation to the block at a later date.

Hope you can make it.

Hi Everyone -

Just a quick update. One of the items to give-a-way or auction off this year is a 3 night vacation package at the Universal Orlando resort. This package must be used during the "DIS-A-Palooza" event weekend 12/8 - 12/11.

This package for up to 4 people includes:
- 3 nights at a select Universal Orlando onsite resort (Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel, or the Royal Pacific Resort).
- 3 day park hopper passes for the Universal Orlando Resort
- Admission to the DIS-A-Palooza party to be held the evening of 12/10/2011. You can find out more information about the party here. This special DIS event will be held inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Islands of Adventure theme park.

This package is very specific and must be used during the weekend specified above. Unfortunately, we can't make modfications to the package. This includes the dates.

As previously mentioned, we are not sure how we are giving this package away just yet. We'll have more details the closer we get to the meet. Stay Tuned!

Hi Aaron,

I am planning to attend this event. It will just be me. I'll think of what to bring.

It will be 21 Days before my trip to WDW, so it will start my Disney vacation just a bit early.

Scott

Hi Everyone -

Just a quick update. One of the items to give-a-way or auction off this year is a 3 night vacation package at the Universal Orlando resort. This package must be used during the "DIS-A-Palooza" event weekend 12/8 - 12/11.

This package for up to 4 people includes:
- 3 nights at a select Universal Orlando onsite resort (Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel, or the Royal Pacific Resort).
- 3 day park hopper passes for the Universal Orlando Resort
- Admission to the DIS-A-Palooza party to be held the evening of 12/10/2011. You can find out more information about the party here. This special DIS event will be held inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Islands of Adventure theme park.

This package is very specific and must be used during the weekend specified above. Unfortunately, we can't make modfications to the package. This includes the dates.

As previously mentioned, we are not sure how we are giving this package away just yet. We'll have more details the closer we get to the meet. Stay Tuned!

WOW what an amazing prize. :thumbsup2

Hi Aaron,

I am planning to attend this event. It will just be me. I'll think of what to bring.

It will be 21 Days before my trip to WDW, so it will start my Disney vacation just a bit early.

Scott
Glad to hear it Scott! See you there.

Hey Jennifer....

The hotel we recommend is the Cambria Suites near the Hamilton Town Center mall.

http://www.cambriasuites.com/hotel-noblesville-indiana-IN278

I'm going to stop into the hotel and discuss blocking off some rooms for guests coming in from out of town. I'm not sure if I will get a block or not. It will depend on the number of attendees who show interest in coming from out of town.

In the meantime I sugges you book there. If we block off some rooms you can always transfer your reservation to that block of rooms.

I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty confident that that Cambria hotel was the one highlighted in a "Undercover Boss" episode last year. Very nice hotel, and Hamilton Town Center is fun to have nearby.

I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty confident that that Cambria hotel was the one highlighted in a "Undercover Boss" episode last year. Very nice hotel, and Hamilton Town Center is fun to have nearby.
I believe you are right.

Hi Everyone -

If you have anything you wish to donate to the Indy Disney meet as an auction item, prize, or even just guest hand outs please let me know. Since this is a charitable event your donations are tax deductable.

Please feel free to send me a private message if there is something you wish to contribute.

Additionally, please let me know (if you haven't already) what food item(s) you will be bringing to the meet. All food is welcome (especially dishes you'd find inside the Disney resorts and theme parks).

More updates to follow.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update on auction items and prizes for the meet.

We have some pretty amazing prizes for this years meet including:
Several $25 & $50 Disney gift cards
A Dooney & Bourke wristlet
Gift baskets from various vendors like Dunkin Donuts
Different variations of mouse ears
Disney World pins & lanyards
Gasoline gift cards from various gas station retailers
& much, much more!

Auctions items include:
Darth Goofy big fig from Star Wars Weekends 2011
A princess line Dooney & Bourke handbag
A dining review with John & Kevin
Pieces from the Robert Olszewski collection
& much, much more!

All of the proceeds from the silent auction and the meet in general will go to the DIS's Power of 10 - Give Kids the World campaign.

We'll also have several kids activities including EPCOT Duffy Bears to decorate, kids Disney trivia and much more. kids will have their own section of the hall for their enjoyment.

This event is totally free. If you show up you'll have a chance to win some great prizes, plus have an afternoon filled with Disney fun, food & drink while getting to know several Disney fans. Everybody at the meet gets it too :). All we ask is you bring a food item to share with everyone at the meet.

We hope to see you there! :)

This sounds really great! We are going to Disney for the first time December 10-16th and a meet and greet in Indy a couple months ahead of time sounds wonderful! We live in Kokomo so it should be pretty easy for us to make it :)

Count us in for 4! I can bring just about anything for the pitch in since we are so close by and won't have a lot of travel to get there so any suggestions on what you would like?

Nichole, Tim, Aurora (11), Kamilah (7)

This sounds really great! We are going to Disney for the first time December 10-16th and a meet and greet in Indy a couple months ahead of time sounds wonderful! We live in Kokomo so it should be pretty easy for us to make it :)

Count us in for 4! I can bring just about anything for the pitch in since we are so close by and won't have a lot of travel to get there so any suggestions on what you would like?

Nichole, Tim, Aurora (11), Kamilah (7)
Great! Looking forward to meeting you and your family Nichole! We could probably use something hot for the food table. Just so you know there is a Wal-Mart and a Meijer right next to the meet location. You could pick-up something there to bring to the meet. If you can't bring a hot food item just about anything will do.

BTW - our daughter Anna is 11 and I'm sure she'd love to meet Aurora and Kamilah.

Thanks!

Probably a silly question, but will I be able to plug in a crock pot? I could do appetizers like barbeque meatballs and/or little smokies. I am sure my girls will love to meet Anna as well!

Probably a silly question, but will I be able to plug in a crock pot? I could do appetizers like barbeque meatballs and/or little smokies. I am sure my girls will love to meet Anna as well!
Yes! We'll have some outlets for crock pots! :)

We would love to attend!!! Former Indy residents....always looking for an excuse to head back! Myself (Courtney) and my 3 boys (15,8,6).

We are checking out of WDW on the 9/1....driving to Michigan but can stop in Indy for a few days. I am willing to bring something from the world to share....any ideas? Also any reasonably priced hotel rooms in the area (I lived in Avon)? Not looking to spend too much on a hotel....as I am returning form where I'll spend way too much!!! lol.

We would love to attend!!! Former Indy residents....always looking for an excuse to head back! Myself (Courtney) and my 3 boys (15,8,6).

We are checking out of WDW on the 9/1....driving to Michigan but can stop in Indy for a few days. I am willing to bring something from the world to share....any ideas? Also any reasonably priced hotel rooms in the area (I lived in Avon)? Not looking to spend too much on a hotel....as I am returning form where I'll spend way too much!!! lol.
Hi Courtney! That's great! We'll have a lot of kids activities at the meet. Not sure what you could bring from WDW to share at the meet. Candy usually works because it will keep until the meet, but otherwise I'm not sure. Just so you know there is a Wal-Mart and Meijer right next to the meet location in case you want to pick something up.

The hotel rooms we are suggesting guests to stay at is the Cambria Suites about 10 minutes away from the meet location. I believe the prices are around $120 a night. If that is too much I can suggest some other hotels for you. Just let me know.

I can come!!! If my brother and his wife (my Disney partners) can't come, my husband said he would come with me. He isn't a Disney fan, so that is sweet of him.
Our WDW trip is in November so this is a great way to break up the waiting.

I can come!!! If my brother and his wife (my Disney partners) can't come, my husband said he would come with me. He isn't a Disney fan, so that is sweet of him.
Our WDW trip is in November so this is a great way to break up the waiting.
All the way from Iowa?!! We'll really have to make it worth your trip! :)
Looking forward to meeting you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter