Increased ticket prices coming soon?

Well, they've already dropped by 'two' in our household as of this month. Totally disgusted by 'making' us get (and pay for) the MM photo package to renew our APs. Nope, not going to do it - don't use/need it. Rather take our own personal photos.

No trip planned now in the foreseeable future.

You realize that's a hoax, right?

They NEVER reduce a revenue stream that they can otherwise sell.
So what does that mean? They can't sell photopass anymore (very likely and all but proven by the AP move)...so they throw it in as a smokescreen.

It was just a $160 on average increase to the price. It had nothing to do with "services" or "costs". Photopass costs them a few bodies and ink moslty - as Kodak can tell you - pictures in the digital age cost nothing.

It was just a cash grab. Period. And they can get away with it because of little blowback. Just like they got away with the screwjob of the dining plan on about 12 different levels.

Our annuals are up in April and we hadn't planned to renew due to the latest increase rolled out last October, and I had finally convinced my husband that there is a big world out there and maybe we don't need to give our full 4 weeks of vacation to Disney every year! Question is with this maybe being another increase does it make sense to buy the annual voucher over the phone tomorrow and hold on to it for a while? How long do you have before you need to activate the voucher though?

It would be December 31, 2016 if I understand the current policy correctly.

It MAY be 12/31/17....little help here?

Well...operational mothballing seems
Like just the kinda thing we're heading for...

It's like the "the following attractions are unavailable today" sign at six flags.

That's the level they're going for...and I don't know whether to cry or wind my watch
I didn't know you were an emotional guy ;)

Well...operational mothballing seems
Like just the kinda thing we're heading for...

It's like the "the following attractions are unavailable today" sign at six flags.

That's the level they're going for...and I don't know whether to cry or wind my watch

Agreed. Step 1 - fastpass + (what do people schedule for today). Step 2 - tiered tickets. Step 3 - scheduling and history tells us Country Bear, Monsters Inc and Ariel will have less than 20% demand today - shut them down.

This says 1-day tickets only for now as well.

https://twitter.com/dlthings/status/703440459373395969

That honestly the only thing they can do...most tickets are multiday and bought way in advance.

If they want to go to tiers on multidays...that has to be on the prebook/travel agent level and likely would have to be attached to a "effective 1/1/20__" disclaimer.

You can't logistically balance that on a moments notice.

Very few people walk up to MGM and buy 7 day MYW tickets randomly. It's just not the right clientele for that sale.

Agreed. Step 1 - fastpass + (what do people schedule for today). Step 2 - tiered tickets. Step 3 - scheduling and history tells us Country Bear, Monsters Inc and Ariel will have less than 20% demand today - shut them down.

It's really sad and goes to the depths of the soul.

My son loved figment when he was 3...just couldn't love a thing more...

50 rides later it still is a must do. If a similar butterball there on a one time visit Could have the same response...even if for a disasterous ride that makes me sad thinking about my memories on it...then it honestly makes me ache. You're either open...or your not. You either want people have a lifelong attachment to what you're selling them in exchange for their money...or you don't.

Sometimes the sky isn't grey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter