Increase in Package Prices!

phyllis1966

Something witty
Has anyone else noticed how dramatically the package prices have increased from last year to this year? We just went to WDW in October 2002, and the same package (although they've changed the name), at the same hotel (GF) for the same week is $1000 more!!! Are they kidding?!

Does anyone have any insights as to why they have done this? You would think that with the war, WDW would need to entice more paople to travel by making the accomodations more affordable. This is more than a 40% increase over last year's rates...

Anyone have any answers? We're going anyway, but I'd like to know why...

It is possible that you got a discounted room rate last year. Last year, they were pretty generous in the release of code rates and you might have gotten lucky and gotten one. Right now, there are no discounted room rates out after 7/3. With the 40% number you're throwing, that is the usual room discount.

Actually, I found the package rates to be pretty comprable to the last time I went in 1999

Just for fun the other day, I booked a 7 night trip staying at the Poly.
I used the gold Package or whatever its called that pays all 3 of your meals every day etc.

It came out to $6000. I booked it for I think leaving April 12th. That's pretty good. About what I remember Discovery magic Costing in 1999.

Maybe they raised the price of the packages to pay for einser's bonus's??? We know its not going for park improvements!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter