Incorrect points being taken for a September 2022 booking…

Iestyn5150

Endlessly chasing dots!
I have been arranging a booking for September 2022, adding extra days as days go by. However today I have booked day 9 of an 18 day holiday, which falls on September 20th 2022. I have been charged 31 points for it, it’s a 2 bedroom Villa. I should only have been charged 28 points for it according to the ‘Final 2022 Revised’ charts. After speaking to DVC live chat, who initially informed me the charge was correct, back tracked after being shown the official point charts on their very own website. They are now saying it’s being looked into and will be corrected as and when. My main concern is how many members have already been overcharged for this error without realising? September 2022 is all in tier 1, so the points per night shouldn’t change regardless of which point in the month you are booking for. What are all your thoughts on this? Has anyone else had this problem?

I just booked a September trip so will have to check it against the revised charts

Most likely it’s another one of those website issues that didn’t get done correctly…not surprised.

I noticed that myself today. I’m surprised they didn’t change the system since the last two weeks in next September’s point chart has been out for a while. I couldn’t be on hold today and was going to call at some point. Thanks for calling. I hope they get it fixed soon.

I just booked a September trip so will have to check it against the revised charts

Most likely it’s another one of those website issues that didn’t get done correctly…not surprised.

It is sad and true that the expectation now is that any DVC website issue will not be corrected entirely or well done.

I booked mid-September for us at BWV. Just checked and our points charged are correct.
It seems the hike only starts on and after the 20th of September. It’s the old points price from before they put the entire month back to tier 1. It’s obviously an oversight on Disney’s behalf.

It seems the hike only starts on and after the 20th of September. It’s the old points price from before they put the entire month back to tier 1. It’s obviously an oversight on Disney’s behalf.

Gotcha. I will be moving that reservation to the next week when the 11 months rolls around. Guess I've got something to look forward to.

I feel like @Sandisw or someone else warned you all about this sort of thing when you all got up in arms about the point charts. I still think it was a waste of effort for them to have changed the charts and now there are going to be all sorts of annoying knock on affects. But boy did you show those DVC folks who is boss right?

If it was a waste of effort to change the charts then maybe they should stop putting so much effort into changing them in the first place. The charts worked just fine for many years but suddenly they need to be reworked and each time it just so happens to violate the POS in favour of DVC/Disney. But hey, you do you and maybe you could even offer to pay a few extra points on your next reservation to help Disney get by.

My trip was done correctly for RIV. So, it obviously is not all resorts.

Last edited:
I feel like @Sandisw or someone else warned you all about this sort of thing when you all got up in arms about the point charts. I still think it was a waste of effort for them to have changed the charts and now there are going to be all sorts of annoying knock on affects. But boy did you show those DVC folks who is boss right?
Correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying that since Disney is not capable of make a website work properly, it's better if we let them take advantage of illegal changes rather than risking more booking issues in addition to the others we already have and they don't care enough to fix.
I think you might have Stockholm syndrome.

Last edited:
I do want to add that I checked a few different resorts last night and all showed the correct charts in the website for September.

So, at least for me, it appears to be accurate.

I do want to add that I checked a few different resorts last night and all showed the correct charts in the website for September.

The charts they have on the website are correct, but when you make a booking they take different amounts to what the charts illustrate, in particular AKL for 20th-30th September 2022.

Adding a side note to this thread, I’ve book another extra day today and it appears Disney have sorted out the problem. I’ve been charged the correct amount of points for today’s extra day and have been reimbursed for the error yesterday. Hopefully it’s all sorted now.

The charts they have on the website are correct, but when you make a booking they take different amounts to what the charts illustrate, in particular AKL for 20th-30th September 2022.

Got it! My RIV was charged correctly yesterday but I am glad you got it fixed already!

The charts worked just fine for many years but suddenly they need to be reworked...

They "worked", but not all that well. Cheaper times had grown too popular and rooms were sitting empty due to little demand for expensive periods. Especially weekends if we go back 10 years. That doesn't serve members well at all.

None of that is an excuse for errors in the recalculations but periodic adjustments serve the greater good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter