In search of a balcony HELP!

ddank

Wilderness Lodge Veteran
I need a balcony. Which resort, room numbers, views, whatever will get me at least a little porch? I dont need the huge terrace. Do the room windows without balconies open? Do smoking rooms all have balconies? Does deluxe room mean I get a balcony? HELP!!!

If you want a balcony, you'll have to go to Portofino. Noen of the others offer them.

The balconies at PBH range from tiny to-foot wide affair, to spacious ones with table and chairs. I've stayed in both kinds. The one with the really nice balcony overlooked the beach pool.

I don't keep track of room numbers but I bet PartyofSix can help you.

Kelly is right PBH is your only chance for balconies.LOL If you want deluxe bay view you might ask for 2402 (king) or 2400(queen) or you might like a beach pool view from 2665 (king),2663 (queens) or 2677 (king)if you want villa pool views deluxe rooms you might like 2677 (king).

We had a terrace at PBH - which was lovely. It was a deluxe room overlooking the Villa Pool. This was a non-smoking room. I'm sorry I don't remember the room number

so deluxe room at PBH is my only shot at a balcony? do regular rooms have the small balcony? I can live with that. From the pics I see many room have nothing at all. Id hate to waste the money on the hotel without being sure I was getting a balcony.:rolleyes:

The rooms I know of that have either a patio or a balcony are deluxe. I would call the hotel and ask if they offer what you are looking for in a standard garden view or bayview.

You mentioned the money being wasted if you cant get a balcony. Unfortunatley balcony rooms can only be requested and not confirmed. Will you be there at a slow time? That would help a lot!

I cant remember exactly how many rooms have this feature but I do know it is VERY few.

Good Luck:)

In my opinon any money you spend at PBH for any room will not be a waste. They have limited balconys and I feel your chances are good of getting one. You can call guest services directly at the PBH and make your request. I always tell them I smoke and it's important to me not to smoke around my kids so a balcony would be apprieciated. I have always gotten a balcony w/ or w/o my kids along. Your chances at the other hotels are zero and if you can't get a balcony or terrace your first day on check in try again the next morning one might become available. I don't know if the standard rooms have balcony's you could ask guest services when you call to make the request. You also might like to request an upper floor so you get a better view of what ever you choose.

when should I make the request? do I make it at booking? should I call guest services a few days before checkin or are rooms blocked as you check in? should I use the 1-800 universal number to book? any other benefits of the deluxe room besides the balcony? thank you so much for your help..

I always make my ressies' using the lowes 800 number then call the hotel about 60 prior to arrival and make the request again. They block rooms 30 out or more. You should be fine getting the balcony or terrace you want. The deluxe rooms have a shower and bathtub and the whole thing is huge i bet two rollaway beds or more would fit in the space you have to turn around in them.LOL The standard rooms come with just showers and not all the room amenties deluxes have. Like bathrobes and fax machines and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts