Impressions of Grand Californian

lucky1

Face Character
Wow!

I love this hotel. I wish I had the money to stay there each trip we make. We got a special preview rate of $150/night so it made it nice.

The lobby is beautiful and while everyone sayes it reminds them of WL from WDW, I think it is not as woodsy and cosy as WL, but more open and elegant.
The CM's did everything they could to make us feel comfortable and really impressed us.

In each room was a small vase of fresh flowers, saw them restocking one morning. Very nice touch.

Other Nice Touches:
*Pianist in the lobby several times during the day. Nice to sit by the fire and listen and relax.
*Own entrance to DCA.
*Great Fitness Center that overlooks DCA (included in resort fee)
*Storytelling by the fireplace in the afternoon.
*All non smoking hotel (my opinion, not ment to offend)
*Short walk to DL Entrance

Only disappointment: Not enough light above the bathroom sink.

When you say all non-smoking, does that mean the common areas as well, such as around the pool?
(I hope so)

Thanks
George

George,

I am not sure. I did see some people smoking outside of white water snacks area in the sitting area, but did not see any ash trays around the pool area.

When we checked in, I doubled checked to make sure my room was non-smoking and CM said all rooms were non-smoking. I had to initial that I would pay a fine if I smoked in the room. Now thinking about it I wonder if she meant that all rooms on that wing were non-smoking. Does seem amazing if they could make the whole hotel non-smoking.

The entire hotel is smoke free. And the fine was $200 if caught smoking in your room. :eek:

logo.gif

Again no offence to anyone who enjoys smoking just it kills me! i can't stand it. but disney is a non smoking resort...inside disneyland i belive we have 4 desinated smoking areas... & it is law in Califorina no smoking indoors.... it all has to be outdoor if at all... so if you smoke....save urslef the bill....find out where the smoking areas are & use them...thanks for your consideration of keeping the smoke away from those of us who don't enjoy it... we really apreciate it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter