iMessage on Fantasy?

Basically you can iMessage and will receive notifications but I was not able to do anything more without activating the WiFi package. Example, I could see MLB notifications of scores but if I tapped the notification to the app it indicated no connection. Also, no pictures in texts. It was very useful though as we could text back home. Wish I had not bought the ATT cruise phone package. Could have saved money for more drinks.

Basically you can iMessage and will receive notifications but I was not able to do anything more without activating the WiFi package. Example, I could see MLB notifications of scores but if I tapped the notification to the app it indicated no connection. Also, no pictures in texts. It was very useful though as we could text back home. Wish I had not bought the ATT cruise phone package. Could have saved money for more drinks.

This exactly! If you can see all you notifications, but you cannot get into the apps themselves without WIFI. And iMessage works, but not no pictures.

This exactly! If you can see all you notifications, but you cannot get into the apps themselves without WIFI. And iMessage works, but not no pictures.

Ditto on the Dream.

NBD to see the numbers pop up for notifications IMHO. Or to have to wait to send pictures.

No, just connect to the DCL WiFi You will use this for the DCL App anyway. iMessage works automatically.

Yes.

Unless they lose satellite connectivity which they did for about 24 hours during the 7/21 cruise. Even the app could not refresh and you could not check your account on the app.

I'm wondering if opening up these push notifications as part of the "free" onboard wifi has improved the chat functionality of the DCL app itself? Has anyone tried messing with it and noticed any improvement?

Just checking, if you have an Android phone your out of luck or will your text messaging work as well?

Not too technologically advanced here..... When we cruise, I usually turn all data off on my iphone and then put it in airplane mode. I turn on wifi to use the DCL app. To use imessage through the free wifi, do I just pull up a text message like usual to text any other iphone?

Not too technologically advanced here..... When we cruise, I usually turn all data off on my iphone and then put it in airplane mode. I turn on wifi to use the DCL app. To use imessage through the free wifi, do I just pull up a text message like usual to text any other iphone?
Yes. Airplane mode and WiFi with the DCL app. iMessages are in blue. Texts in green won’t send.

Since iMessage seems to be more reliable than the messaging part of the DCL app, it makes sense to use iMessage while on board the Dream or Fantasy to contact family on board. We will be on the Dream in 2 weeks. Being able to use iMessage sounds very positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!