• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

iMessage on Fantasy?

Currently on the Magic. iMessage works as mentioned, except images and attachments. Seems more reliable than DCL chat.

Also, without my logging in to use my free 50 MB package, my web browser and my email suddenly started working on night 5. Worked for one of my kids' phone too, but not my iPad.
Not sure why but that was a pleasant bonus!

Currently on the Magic. iMessage works as mentioned, except images and attachments. Seems more reliable than DCL chat.

Have you tried the DCL chat on your current cruise and still find it unreliable?

I was really hoping the opening up of iMessage functionality would concurrently allow the DCL chat to work better as well.

Oh, and iMessage sometimes has delivery delays too. So I would rate them nearly equal in delivery speed.

Thx. Do you still have to keep the DCL chat “surfaced” in order to receive notification of an incoming message? Or do you now get a notification even if you are using another app?

Just got off the Dream. Both iMessage and the DCL chat worked fine with only occasional delays with notifications.

We just got off the Wonder on August 19, 2019. I had called ahead to find out if iMessage would be available and I got a "yes". We brought an old iPhone 5 for my DS8 to carry around so that we could message him. The iPhone 5 was not capable of downloading the app (needed iso 11 or higher) so we were going to rely on iMessage to communicate with him. Unfortunately, this required some data for the messages to be sent through. We purchased a small sea connect package on the ship and it worked with no problem after that.

My husband and I used the app and had no problem receiving notifications right away - everything from when our son checked into the kids club to a reminder of the activities that we had booked or liked on the DCL app. One of our tasting classes had a 15 min time change and it appeared on our devices as a notification the morning of the class. The app seemed to work a lot more smoothly than when we were on the Fantasy in 2018 and the Wonder in 2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter