I'm worried now!!

We had Rev. Day and he was awesome.
We wrote every word of our ceremony and it was extremely long. Our ceremony was almost 50 minutes long. Rev Day said everything we wrote.
The only things he added was a comment about how great it was we included our children and how we had done an amazing job writing the entire ceremony ourselves. At the beginning he told our family and friends to listen carefully to our vow because the words were carefully chosen.

We also didn't like the giving away part because the woman is not property so we wrote:

Presentation of the Bride
Others would ask, at this time, who gives the bride in marriage, but, as a woman is not property to be bought or sold, given and taken, I ask simply if she comes of her own free will.

Denise, is it true you come of your own free will and accord?
[Denise] Yes it is true.

Oh no!!!! Look what I did!! I'm so sorry to worry you girls!! That's the last thing I wanted to do. :guilty:

It's tough to give you advice. I was OVERLY organized and even had copies of the ceremony I sent him to give him on the day of the wedding and things still went wrong. The good news, however, is that I didn't take my DH's last name and asked not to be introduced as Mr and Mrs his last name and he remembered that. I was so glad! I wish I could say the same for our DJ :rolleyes:

i was completely pleased with Rev jack. we cut and pasted so many different things and he did everything perfectly. the best advice is if there is something that will bother you if it it left out BOLD it and speak to him to make sure he understands its importance.

I tried that too...bold, highlighted with a YELLOW highlighter, and spoken to him. It sounds like he can be very touch and go??

Oh no!!!! Look what I did!! I'm so sorry to worry you girls!! That's the last thing I wanted to do. :guilty:

It's tough to give you advice. I was OVERLY organized and even had copies of the ceremony I sent him to give him on the day of the wedding and things still went wrong. The good news, however, is that I didn't take my DH's last name and asked not to be introduced as Mr and Mrs his last name and he remembered that. I was so glad! I wish I could say the same for our DJ :rolleyes:

Oh no, I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything! I read your report and started looking at other people comments about him and the fact that you weren't the only one is what concerned me. Aw don't be sorry about it, now I just look at it as I am prepared for the possibilities of what may happen. I am sorry that everything didn't go as planned for you on your day, you really seem like such a sweet geniuene (sp) person and I was hoping for the best for you on your day!

Oh no, I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything! I read your report and started looking at other people comments about him and the fact that you weren't the only one is what concerned me. Aw don't be sorry about it, now I just look at it as I am prepared for the possibilities of what may happen. I am sorry that everything didn't go as planned for you on your day, you really seem like such a sweet geniuene (sp) person and I was hoping for the best for you on your day!

Thank you :) It's so hard on here because you want to give people all the information so they can make an informed decision, but then you get people who already decided all worried! I just know that when I was planning all I saw were rave reviews and then as soon as I commented about something negative, all the truth came out of the woodwork and I wished I had heard it sooner. I'm sure everything will be fine, just be OVERLY prepared, take copies of everything, ask to see his copy at the rehearsal and make sure it matches,if not, give him your copy, then you'll be fine :)

I had a wonderful experience with Rev. Day. My family and I still talk about him and how much we alll loved him :love: Mark and I wrote our entire wedding ceremony, by hand, and he followed it exactly!! It's funny...we spent so long picking out the exact lines we wanted, I can look back now, watch my video, and say everyword right along with Rev. Day :happytv: I love it!!

It is unfortunate that some people did a bad experience, but I think overall, he is a truly talented man. The only thing I can suggest is to keep yourself ogranized and make sure he knows important details (one thing he did forget was that Mark's parents are divorsed and during the rehearsal he forgot and pushed them together to hold hands as they went up to light the unity candle. They were both sort of embarrased, and i was embarrased as well, because I had told him and Karen that a million times :confused3 )

And yet, during the actual ceremony, they ended up holding hands anyway and it was really really sweet :hug: They are still good freinds and it was nice as they walked, united, to light the candle.

Overall, we were very very pleased with Rev. Day, and I hope you will be too

(but, keep in mind, that everyone's own experiences are BOUND to be different....for example, I had NEVER heard a complaint about using Disney for my limo service..I didnt think it was anything to worry about. I didnt second guess that aspect one bit. :rolleyes1 And what happened?? They forgot to pick me up on my wedding day and I missed most of my picture time with Randy and was late to my own wedding! :confused3 ) So even though someone or something gets GREAT reviews, doesnt mean it will work out prefectly. I just pray that your "bumps" are small and you are able to surpass them without any problems :flower3: Best wishes and good luck!!! :bride:

We also didn't like the giving away part because the woman is not property so we wrote:

Presentation of the Bride
Others would ask, at this time, who gives the bride in marriage, but, as a woman is not property to be bought or sold, given and taken, I ask simply if she comes of her own free will.

Denise, is it true you come of your own free will and accord?
[Denise] Yes it is true.

Oooh, that's a good way of writing it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter