I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fight.

It has been discussed a bit in the news thread. Both the Anaheim police dept. and Disney has issued responses.

Huh, didn't come up when I searched. Weird.

Anyhoo...it put me back in mind of what people were saying about incidents in parks not making it to traditional news or local police blotters. And also that it did seem like a light crowd for a Saturday.

There was a thread going on the CB but it disappeared.

Huh, didn't come up when I searched. Weird.

Anyhoo...it put me back in mind of what people were saying about incidents in parks not making it to traditional news or local police blotters. And also that it did seem like a light crowd for a Saturday.
Really, sadly, this wouldn't be news if it had happened just about anywhere else.

Just watched our local news (11 pm) here in Michigan, at least part of the video was shown with comment "needless to say, the family was removed from the park.

It took Security quite a while to show up. That surprised me.

Yea, this was one of the more surprising (and disturbing) aspects of the video as well. It seems in today's world, adults are prone to misbehave just about anywhere, with little regard for their or other kids, so seeing a fight at Disney is the next (il)logical step. After all, people have been fighting at their kids little league games for years now.

But to not see any security presence around, at least on video, for over 3 minutes is strange. Given how many security guards and OCSO deputies I see in the World, I'd hope over here on the other coast they'd be able to muster a better response.

Someone at Disney LP/Security has to be on the hot seat for this, this reflects badly on their image, and their ability to provide a safe guest experience.

It took Security quite a while to show up. That surprised me.
The "Disney security is everywhere" stuff is a myth that Disney happily lets perpetuate. They want people to feel safe and if everyone thinks people are in the woodwork who will jump out at the first sign of trouble they will act better. The reality is it is difficult to manage 65,000+ people in a theme park and they can only do so much. They can be in far off locations when stuff happens and not all staff in an area have a walkie to call for immediate help. People always say it happens so quietly that you don't notice. It doesn't. I have seen enough stuff happen at the parks and nobody does anything or magically appear to calm the situation. Everyone thinks when stuff happens and Disney is able to "keep it quiet" like the company can cover up anything, real conspiracy theory stuff.

Heck, I had someone tell me I was lying about something I saw because "no way Disney lets that happen in the park" LOL. People get too lost in the Disney bubble and hype. Usually that is okay, but we all know stuff gets stolen, fights happen, and people cause issues at Disney, be safe and smart.

I have not watched the video and really don't care to. That being said, I was under the impression that Disney did have plain-clothes officers on duty in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter