I'm on low-income

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dreamed about a WDW trip for ten years before I got to go. And then it was another 10 yrs before I got to go back to WDW. And my present trip is a bust, I just had to cancel that trip to WDW. It looks like it maybe a while before I get back to WDW. But as with that 1st dream, it is the dreaming and learning and making plans that will never come true that helps me through all the daily trials and tribulations.

I same folks don't think twice about making a yearly trip to WDW and some scrape and save and dream about that day.

It doesn't matter!!

This huge community the DIS is here for ALL DISNEY FANS!! Rich, poor, or the Dreamers. I'm always thinking 6 months a head, planning, Learning about EVERY new thing Disney is doing. Making sure I know about every discount available.
Just in case......

I don't think it is fair to assume what the Original Poster was thinking.
What a terrible welcome to the DIS. What if that was how you were treat when you ask a question?? And if the OP was trying to make trouble, what better way to stop that kind of thing than to just answer their question. Instead of creating what they were looking for. Is this what you want new DIS'ers to read??

PIXIE DUST TO ALL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wishing you All a Great WDW trip!!! Especially the Dreamers!!

CJRN said:
:rolleyes1

putting on flame suit

Am I the only one that thought TROLL when reading the OP? :confused3

I dont see how that was not picked up on RIGHT AWAY! Given the current "other" thread its not a shock this one was started...... so sad :sad2:

dustysky said:
I dont see how that was not picked up on RIGHT AWAY! Given the current "other" thread its not a shock this one was started...... so sad :sad2:

"Other" thread? What am I missing???

BethR said:
"Other" thread? What am I missing???
I'm figuring it must be the thread discussing the difference between rich and poor. Pretty interesting discussion there. popcorn::

Littlemotherhaywood said:
Wow. I'm impressed with how quickly everyone here at the friendly Disboards chose to flame someone without complete knowledge of the situation. I suppose they could have been asking for a handout, but honestly, I doubt it. I simply read they wanted advice on how to make a trip work as cheaply as possible. I really don't think anyone has the right to judge others or their circumstances and I recently stopped visiting a similar forum because the people there felt it was okay to pick others apart. I'm not like that and I don't like to associate with people like that so I sincerely hope that what I've read on this thread was written in haste with little forethought because I would hate to think of my disfriends that way. Now, does anyone have any real advice for this person, or just more flames?
What littlemotherhaywood said :)

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Me too.

I've even tried saying it 3x fast and I got nuttin'!

Thank Goodness!! I am not the only one!! I usually need someone to draw me a picture. I am kind of slow with these things. :confused3

So how come we haven't heard from the OP to clarify what she/he is looking for? I am always suspicious when an OP throws something iffy out & then disappears from the conversation.
It looked like, to me, she/he was looking for a handout - I may be wrong but she/he did not explain what her/his intentions or expectations were. If she/he was looking for ideas on how to save money, then say it that way.
Come on, OP - explain what you need or are looking for? If you have gone to Disneyland 3 times, obviously you know how to save money somewhat so what do need from DIS to help you get to WDW?

I know there are alot of ppl who think this person is looking for a handout (including me :blush: ), but am I the only one who thinks the person writting this is a kid? lol Look at their other post.... hmmmm... :rolleyes1

I sooooooooo smell a troll!!!! :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:

It's funny, the DISboards have really helped me to "practice" what I have been trying to move toward in my life lately, and that is PATIENCE and TOLERANCE.

I can be a pretty nasty person sometimes.... my anxiety issues certainly don't help and being a full time student with A LOT of homework and a SAHM is enough stress to make any woman bonkers but thanks to the DIS I have been "practicing" how to not be so judgemental or critical.

I'm happy to say that my first reaction to this post was to roll my eyes, giggle, and think, "Oh, to have THAT much time on my hands!" :rotfl2:

However, I have to say... it's a stretch for me to think that someone would feel justified in choosing a trip to Disney World over paying for their own child's health insurance. I don't see how that is socially responsible? :confused3

MyGoofy26 said:
No offense Littlemotherhaywood - but I don't think that a few people posting that they read the OP's request a certain way is equivalent to everyone flaming the OP. Other than one or two posts, they (and I include myself in that "they") have simply stated what amounts to "This is how I read it" and left it at that. No judgement, no name calling, nothing. In fact, when dvcgirl first posted it said, "I could be wrong but. . ." and others stated that they got the same interpretation from the post. If anything it was an opportunity for the OP to jump in and clarify his/her position and intentions - is it for advice? Or is it for a handout? I have seen NOBODY insisting that this thread absolutely is asking for a handout and condemning the OP for it.

I hate to see people jump in and begin villifying people for relatively nothing because that's when people get defensive and the claws really come out. Things turn ugly when people start policing posts.

Understandable. I was not policing, simply stating my opinion on the matter. I also assumed (my mistake clearly) that people would know whether they fit into the flaming category or not. Basically, whether you state you could be wrong or not, you were passing judgement without the details. Now before I get flames for that...it's JMO. Is it really that hard to be nice and offer honest advice to a new person? This post just seemed genuinely mean on the part of many especially with all of the little smilies.....almost as though some enjoyed saying such mean things. How is one supposed to interpret that? You're certainly entitled to think what you will, I just think everyone should remember that there are people with feelings behind every screen.

Evil Queen said:
I just wished that LittleMotherHaywood would not had said "everyone", because not everyone is thinking anything other than the OP was asking for advice on how to save. As for what other posters are believing the intent to be, the OP's start post could be seen as a request for a handout. That's just not how I took it.

Sorry to have generalized, but the bandwagon seemed pretty large here. Of course I did not mean every person who posted and next time will clarify better.

BethR said:
Hi tdickensheets!

Good Luck! :)

ANyone else wonder about the choice of screen name? (Sorry if someone else already posted. I am doing a BIG Disboard no-no and posting before finishing reading.)

For those not"getting it"...the trick is to say the name slowly, one syllable at a time.

I think that the OP has gotten what they were looking for from this thread and it's time to put it to rest. If they have any further questions, I'm sure that they will post them in a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter