I'm not offended but

Cogswel_Cogs

DIS Veteran
Am I crazy thinking one could be offended by the pistachio commercial with the elephant.
Again not offended but surprised by his comments.

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
Am I crazy thinking one could be offended by the pistachio commercial with the elephant.
Again not offended but surprised by his comments.
I haven’t seen a commercial in a long time so I don’t know.

*cue all the comments of well you can find anything to be offended by. Get over it..

To which I say..aren’t you being offended by people being offended? Hmmm

gwynne

Happily planning our next adventure
If an ad agency wants to animate an elephant and have him seemingly muse on a "wild" night....shrug.

Frankly, the insurance mayhem guy is far more bothersome. So. Annoying.

• Hikergirl

DIS Veteran
    I haven’t seen a commercial in a long time so I don’t know.

*cue all the comments of well you can find anything to be offended by. Get over it..

To which I say..aren’t you being offended by people being offended? Hmmm
    Not really, being offended by something usually means you see it as something insulting. I'm not at all insulted that people are offended by something like an exercise bike commercial (I haven't seen the pistachio one), however I do have a certain opinion of someone who would be.

MrsCobraBubbles

Life's too short to wear pants all the time
    Wait, are we talking about the squirrel sisters commercial? I wouldn't say it offends me, but it gives me an icky feeling. Who thought it was a good idea to sell pistachios using creepy sexual innuendo?

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
    Why is it so difficult to provide a link to a video so people know what the heck you're talking about...

Here's 11 of them. It took longer to write this post than it did to find them. Which one are you talking about?

• Cogswel_Cogs

DIS Veteran
    I was talking about the squirrel sisters and how’s they do anything for a nut.... anything
    I hate squirrels btw

ramee

Mouseketeer
    Are you kidding me? The mayhem commercials are great. I guess it comes down to a person's sense of humor type.
    Nope. Annoying. Was there one with him pretending to be a dog in a car? Bothersome is a good description. I changed the channel.

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
    No clue what commercial or what the controversy is. I tried looking it up but there were multiple elephant pistachio commercials.

• luvsJack

DIS Veteran
    The guy that does Mayhem was in SVU. I can’t watch the episodes with him now without expecting to say he “is mayhem” lol.

The voice of the elephant is John Cena. I find the commercials funny because it’s so different than his usual character. But I have been surprised that there has never been a complaint about it though.

I think I was surprised at first that a risque-type comment was added. However, I do think there are far worse commercials out there in terms of "say what, did they just do that/say that/show that" kind of thing.

TCRAIG

Member Since 2010 SS/OKW/HH/BCV/WLV/BLT/GF
    I think the pistachio elephant commercials are tacky - but I’m sure I’m not part of their target audience.

Now the one of him being a cat is hilarious, but you have to have or have had a cat to fully appreciate it imo.
    lol I totally agree maybe more so because it's about a cat vs the commercial being about a dog.

When I saw that commercial for the first time it reminded me of this post I saw on Twitter (well really a FB post that captioned someone's Twitter post):

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
    I had to watch a compliation (Thanks, Sam), but I'm not seeing a problem with them. I love elephants, and I buy those pistachios, so seems good to me!

What was the controversy?

Heather07438

WDW Apprentice
    The squirrel sisters was the first elephant one I saw, years ago.
    Squirrel girls doing anything for a nut? I can handle it.
    Squirrel sisters though? *cringe*

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates