I'm not offended but

Cogswel_Cogs

DIS Veteran
Am I crazy thinking one could be offended by the pistachio commercial with the elephant.
Again not offended but surprised by his comments.

Am I crazy thinking one could be offended by the pistachio commercial with the elephant.
Again not offended but surprised by his comments.

I haven’t seen a commercial in a long time so I don’t know.

*cue all the comments of well you can find anything to be offended by. Get over it..

To which I say..aren’t you being offended by people being offended? Hmmm

If an ad agency wants to animate an elephant and have him seemingly muse on a "wild" night....shrug.

Frankly, the insurance mayhem guy is far more bothersome. So. Annoying.

I haven’t seen a commercial in a long time so I don’t know.

*cue all the comments of well you can find anything to be offended by. Get over it..

To which I say..aren’t you being offended by people being offended? Hmmm

Not really, being offended by something usually means you see it as something insulting. I'm not at all insulted that people are offended by something like an exercise bike commercial (I haven't seen the pistachio one), however I do have a certain opinion of someone who would be.

Wait, are we talking about the squirrel sisters commercial? I wouldn't say it offends me, but it gives me an icky feeling. Who thought it was a good idea to sell pistachios using creepy sexual innuendo?

I was talking about the squirrel sisters and how’s they do anything for a nut.... anything
I hate squirrels btw

Are you kidding me? The mayhem commercials are great. I guess it comes down to a person's sense of humor type.

Nope. Annoying. Was there one with him pretending to be a dog in a car? Bothersome is a good description. I changed the channel.

No clue what commercial or what the controversy is. I tried looking it up but there were multiple elephant pistachio commercials.

The guy that does Mayhem was in SVU. I can’t watch the episodes with him now without expecting to say he “is mayhem” lol.

The voice of the elephant is John Cena. I find the commercials funny because it’s so different than his usual character. But I have been surprised that there has never been a complaint about it though.

I think I was surprised at first that a risque-type comment was added. However, I do think there are far worse commercials out there in terms of "say what, did they just do that/say that/show that" kind of thing.

I think the pistachio elephant commercials are tacky - but I’m sure I’m not part of their target audience.

Now the one of him being a cat is hilarious, but you have to have or have had a cat to fully appreciate it imo.
lol I totally agree maybe more so because it's about a cat vs the commercial being about a dog.

When I saw that commercial for the first time it reminded me of this post I saw on Twitter (well really a FB post that captioned someone's Twitter post):

I had to watch a compliation (Thanks, Sam), but I'm not seeing a problem with them. I love elephants, and I buy those pistachios, so seems good to me!

What was the controversy?

The squirrel sisters was the first elephant one I saw, years ago.
Squirrel girls doing anything for a nut? I can handle it.
Squirrel sisters though? *cringe*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter