I'M JUST SHOWBOATIN' AROUND THE WORLD! & getting pooped on. Jan 13 TR! NEW TR POSTED!

danimaroo

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone, and welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Transportation system.

We're on our way to a fantastically magical and entertaining journey!

If you're standing, we encourage you to use the handrails above or to the sides, and remain clear of the doors.

(No lie, I just said that in my best Motorcoach Man voice over here.)

This journey has a LOT of laughter, it has some tears, it has laughing so hard that you're in tears.

It has DISmeets, instagram meets, AND twitter meets.

There's pixie dust pixiedust: and singing and dancing and best of all, there's

SHOWBOATIN' AROOOOOUND THE WORLD

(which we'll get to later).

For those who've read my previous TRs, I am so happy you're back and on-board for what will hopefully be my best Trip Report yet!

For those of you who have no idea who I am and have never read one of my silly TRs, but are interested in seeing what this is all about, I hope I can keep you entertained as I go through the ridiculous tales of our trip.

That being said, I guess I should tell you who I am, especially if you're new to my TR!

358e7027-0a1b-4726-bf65-96119ced94cc_zps6e76d85d.jpg

I'm Danielle, but a lot of people know me as Dani around here. I'm 28 years old, I live near the lovely city of Seattle (which is amazing outside of how far away it is from Disney World, wompwomp), I work in online advertising, I have two dogs, Anya and Milo, and a cat named Snifter, all of whom I consider my children.

Five quick fun facts about me:

1. I say wompwomp a lot. It typically follows any sort of sad statement I make.
2. I collect Vinylmation and currently have over 200 in my collection. It is a sick, sick addiction.
3. I love taking photos on my Nikon D5100. 75% of the time my photos come out like poop, 25% of the time they're awesome. I'm working on getting better.
4. Matt and I have a board game collection so large that it has to stay out in our garage.
5. I HATE awkward silences/moments, so I've always avoided meeting face characters in parks in case I had no clue what to say. My first time ever meeting a face character was Jack Skellington in Disneyland. Spoiler alert: It wasn't awkward.

I also love all things Disney parks-related, learning how to make fun videos using my D5100, exploring the Pacific Northwest, playing video games, and writing trip reports. This is my third TR on the DISboards (or 5th if you consider PTRs as a form of a TR, haha).

I went to Disney World for the first time when I was 6 with my family (one of the few vacations I remember before my parents divorced, so it's a special memory for me), and again when I was 12... and then I didn't go back until our honeymoon in January of 2011.

That trip changed everything for me.

I fell for Disney World, and I fell for it HARD.

I have gone every January since our honeymoon (here's a link to my last WDW TR for our January 2012 trip), and Matt and I also made our first trip together to Disneyland back in November/December. (I wrote a TR for that trip, as well, so if you're looking for some fun reading material about a WDW fan's "first-timer" perspective on DL, check out that link!)

Fortunately, my other half, whom many of you know, Matt, grew up as a Disney World veteran. Matt has visited Disney World I believe 25-26 times now. :scared1:

Fun fact about Matt:

When he was a little boy, he was deathly shy, especially around Disney characters. Here is your proof:

mattisterrifiedofminnie_zps500eefa7.jpg

Aaaaand here is Matt being awesome and cute now:

7a0d6822-6918-4ae5-91a4-78aaf8068861_zpsb7020ec8.jpg

His family bought into Disney Vacation Club when it first started back in the early 90s, so yearly trips to Disney World were the norm for him.

Yes, you have no idea how jealous I am of him for this, but we're making up for that now!

HE is the reason why I fell in love with Disney as an adult. His excitement and enthusiasm for Disney is what got us visiting Disney World in the first place.

I love that we now share our excitement for Disney and experience it together; it's the best thing ever.

Matt is a traffic/revenue analyst for the website company we both work for. He LOVES all things Disney-parks related, especially attractions that no longer exist in the parks. Anyone who knows anything about Disney parks past is an awesome person in his book.

He also loves video games, board games, reading books, hanging out/going on adventures with his most AWESOMELY AWESOME wife Dani (oh hey, that's me), and cooking.

This trip was a little different for us because we weren't the only ones who went! We decided to invite our best friends Bruce and Amy along on the trip with us, since Bruce hadn't been to Disney World since he was a teenager, and Amy had only ever been to Disneyland!

d644cde4-3042-449b-8752-f4152c975a76_zps3c55bab5.jpg

Bruce and Amy live 5 minutes away from us, they have a pug named Beefcake and a corgi named Stella, and are all-around fabulous people! You'll see a lot of them throughout this TR!

As for other fun details...

Our trip took place from January 17th, 2013 - January 27th, 2013, and we stayed at our home away from, our favorite resort in the world...

2163dc54-8324-4627-84cf-007d26b30b9e_zps7431758e.jpg

Beach Club Villas!

We were all on the Disney Dining Plan, so we got to eat lots of delicious food (which you will most definitely see photos of).

All of my photos were either taken on my Nikon D5100 with a 35mm f/1.8 lens, on my iPhone, OR they came from the PhotoPass+ CD we did.

FYI: I also posted a LOT of photos to instagram during our trip, so you'll see some of those show up during my TR.

Oh, and there will be an awesome video of our trip that I'm going to be putting together that you won't want to miss. :goodvibes

That should be everything that you'll need to know before we get on our way. Please don't be afraid to come out of lurkdom and say hi! I promise I'm super friendly (albeit goofy and sometimes long-winded) and I absolutely love hearing from people who share the same love that I have for the best place on Earth.

So yeah, say hi and let me know you're reading along! :wave:

Now sit back and enjoy the ride, we'll be there soon!

Table of Contents

INTRO

Day 1: January 17th, 2013
Chapter One: And so it begins...
Chapter Two: "Um, I'm sorry, but does that say 459?"
Chapter Three: Cape May Cafe, I miss your Oreo Bon Bons.
Chapter Four: "Nightswimming, deserves a quiet niiiiight."

Day 2: January 18th, 2013
Chapter Five: HOW DOES SOMEONE NOT KNOW WHO GONZO IS?!
Chapter Six: Test Track, BABY!
Chapter Seven: "Happy Anniversary!!" "...thanks?"
Chapter Eight: Strawberry shortcake, ponchoing it up, and a monorail meltdown!
**BREAKING NEWS! THE VIDEO OF OUR TRIP IS UP!!**
Chapter Nine: I am home.
Chapter Ten: Trying out LeFou's Brew and exploring New Fantasyland!
Chapter Eleven: Try the Grey Stuff, it's delicious!... No seriously, try it.
Chapter Eleven: Try the Grey Stuff, it's delicious!... No seriously, try it. CONTINUED
Chapter Twelve: I'm screaming like I'm being murdered... and everyone's laughing.
Chapter Thirteen: There's a first for everything... and School Bread saves the day!

Day 3: January 19th, 2013
Chapter Fourteen: I am REALLY bad at dealing with anticipation.
Chapter Fifteen: "You're a little internet celebrity!" & Matt meets his Disney twin
Chapter Sixteen: Reunited with that beautiful bread pudding!
Chapter Seventeen: Animal Kingdom.... at NIGHT!
Chapter Seventeen: Animal Kingdom.... at NIGHT! CONTINUED
Chapter Eighteen: Karma can be a reaaaall good thing!

Day 4: January 20th, 2013
Chapter Nineteen: "NO! I'M SPIDERMAAAAN!"
Chapter Twenty: I'm just Stormalongin'... and being walked in on.
Chapter Twenty-One: My husband is doing the Hokey Pokey? WHAT?
Chapter Twenty-Two: "I don't want this soup. This soup is stupid. DON'T. TALK. TO ME!"
Chapter Twenty-Three: Storybook Circus and a little Haunted Mansion time!
Chapter Twenty-Four: I'm a failure with Dole Whip photos.

Day 5: January 21st, 2013
Chapter Twenty-Five: The attraction photo you've all been waiting for.
Chapter Twenty-Six: Some of the prettiest desserts I've had!
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The tale of getting pooped on... and not knowing whether to laugh or cry.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: I thiiiink I might have just made Goofy's day!
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Know what I mean, Beaches and Cream?
Chapter Thirty: HATERS GONNA HATE, lady.

Day 6: January 22nd, 2013
Chapter Thirty-One: It's still dark out... but there's Puffed French Toast to be had!
Chapter Thirty-Two: Under the seeeaaaaa.... except no.
Chapter Thirty-Three: Under the seeeaaaaa.... But for real this time!
Chapter Thirty-Four: Eating a Nutella Waffle Sandwich is seriously an event in itself.
Chapter Thirty-Five: HOLY CRAP THE LIGHTS ARE ON!
Chapter Thirty-Six: Didn't you hear? Strollers need their rest, too!
Chapter Thirty-Seven: They totally just pulled a Toot and Scoot!

Day 7: January 23rd, 2013
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Dinosaur.... Part 2.
Chapter Thirty-Nine: MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.
Chapter Forty: Rafiki and a little pizza are all I need in my life.
Chapter Forty-One: We FINALLY found the family stone!
Chapter Forty-Two: Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and endless desserts... What more could I ask for?

Day 8: January 24th, 2013
Chapter Forty-Three: The moment Tonga Toast enters my life.
Chapter Forty-Four: "NO.... NO GOD PLEASE NO... NOOOOOOOOOO!"
Chapter Forty-Five: Why do I make these faces for ride photos?
Chapter Forty-Six: Momma Mia, Momma Mia!
Chapter Forty-Seven: World Showcase and a little photo shoot!

Day 9: January 25th, 2013
Chapter Forty-Eight: A little breakfast in France and goodbye to Animal Kingdom...
Chapter Forty-Nine: We make new friends, feed turtles, and we discover Basin White...
Chapter Fifty: "Something touched me deeeep inside... the day... the Moooooooonorail died."
Chapter Fifty-One: "I'm just SHOWBOATIN' AROOUUUUNNNDD THE WOOOORLD!"

Day 10: January 26th, 2013
Chapter Fifty-Two: And everything was perfect...
Chapter Fifty-Three: "Here you leave Today, and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."
Chapter Fifty-Four: I'm never really ready to say goodbye.

Day 11: January 27th, 2013
Chapter Fifty-Five: See Ya Real Soon..

Final Thoughts

Other fun side updates!
An amazing surprise from a wonderful DIS friend!
TWO BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS!!
We're going going, back back, to Cali Cali... DISNEYLAND!!
PTR Update Tiiiime - 5/6
PTR Update Tiiiime - 7/9

Yayayayay!!! I'm here!!!! :cool1:

-Ok, I have to go back and add some comments here, because I was SO quick to reply! BUT-I'm SO nervous about meeting face characters too, I've never met one, and I'm FINALLY going to try to get over that fear in 5 days! :rotfl: And Brandon took a similar picture with that Bob Newhart statue! :rotfl2:

Carry on. Can't wait to read this TR!

I'm here :wave:

So what's your favorite game that you have in your collection? My husband and I have been building ours up. For Christmas this year, we got each other games instead of real presents (he got me Dixit and I got him Gloom.)

I'M HERE YAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I loved your TR last year so much, so I cannot wait to read this one too!!! :woohoo:

I'm here!! Can't wait to read all about your trip!!

(Feel free to check out my TR in progress too! :goodvibes )

I'll be back soon!:thumbsup2

Whoooohoooo! So fun that we are both doing TR's at the same time and went so close to the same time! Can't wait!

BTW, it took me a bit to find this. The link on your DL TR is fine and takes you here, but the link in your siggie actually just takes you back to the DL TR and not this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter