I'm going back, and dragging him along with me!

Susannajean

Earning My Ears
Weee! I've never done a PTR before, but I'm so excited I'm choosing to do everything Disney related I can. So here we gooooooo!

Who: My boyfriend and I. It was a normal thing growing up for me to take our family vacations to Disneyland, but I haven't been since late high school, about 6 years ago. My boyfriend has been once about 10 years ago, but didn't really enjoy it and doesn't have much desire to go back. I'm convinced he did Disney wrong though.

What: Just a quick Disneyland trip

When: We will fly out Sunday October 10th in the evening and bee in the parks Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. We will fly home Thursday.

Why: My boyfriend and I are both extremely busy. I have a career in management and I am currently working on my MBA, so I don't have much time for life. We are already traveling to India and Mexico in 2016, and since my boyfriend is taking me to Mexico in February, I figured that it is only fair I take him to my favorite place on earth! I also decided I work too hard and think about Disneyland too much to not just go!

FOOD
So here is where I've decided that I think we should eat this trip. Since were going for a short time, and I haven't been in forever, and I want to introduce dbf to all my favorite things, I've crammed a lot in here:bounce:. My dbf likes to sleep in, and so I figured I'd grab a quick breakfast in the hotel. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn and there is a Pizza hut/ Seattles Best Coffee where you can grab food to go. So I plan on doing that every morning and just bringing it to him. Sunday night we will be arriving at around 9:20, and if they are open late I would love to go grab drinks at Trader Sams. But I don't have my heart set on it. Other than that, here's my plan!

Monday: Lunch: Hungry Bear
Dinner: Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen (I want to make a reservation for 4:30, as we are headed back to the park for MNSSHP that evening)
Tuesday: Lunch: Cove Bar
Dinner: Goofys Kitchen
Wednesday: Lunch: Cafe Orleans
Dinner: I'm hoping to do the WOC dining package and go to Carthay!

I also have a list of other foods I NEED to eat. I don't know how I'll cram all of this into my body, but I'm hoping a little Disney magic will kick in!:rotfl: And we'll be sharing these things. As a side note, I'm a pescetarian (I don't eat meat but I eat fish) DBF eats everything, but not too much meat since we live together and I do a lot of the cooking.

MUST DO!

• Royal Street Veranda for vegetarian gumbo
  • Cheese Dog
  • Pickle
  • Dole whip float
  • Tiger Tail!
  • Churro
  • Beignets
  • Matterhorn Macaroon
  • Caramel Apple
  • Mickey Rice Crispy
  • Lobster nachos
  • 3 cheese monte cristo
  • Pomme Frites
  • Bananas Foster from the Jazz Kitchen!

This is our budget! Let me know if I'm forgetting anything/should make any corrections.

• $500 for the flight. The actual airfare is around $380, but I figure after our baggage fees and travel to and from the hotel, it will be about $500
  • $900 for our 4 nights in the hotel
  • $600 for our tickets to Disneyland
  • $150 for MNSSHP
  • $700 for food
  • $700 for souvenirs (about $200 for each of us, and then $300 for souvenirs for people at home
That puts us at a total of $3,550. I'm budgeting for an even $4,000. That way we have an extra $450 for whatever I didn't budget for, and the random things I decide I just NEED like a $10 lollipop or a $20 balloon :rolleyes1

How exciting!! We'll be there about a month before you. At the beginning of Halloween the week before the parties start.

Kaoden, are you back? I hope you had a great trip! Any Halloween themed must do's that we CANNOT miss? :)

Everything is booked! I now have a finalized itinerary :)

We fly in Sunday October 11th, and arrive at 9:20 PM. Depending on how tired we are, we might stop at Trader Sams for a drink or 5 :laughing:

On Monday, we will begin our day in the parks. Its weird for me, but we'll actually probably start our time in the parks at California Adventure. I usually like to start my trip by going to Disneyland itself, but we want to get WOC fastpasses. We have a dinner reservation at 6:30 PM at Ralph Brennans. Then WOC begins at 9:45 that evening. I also think I would like to catch the 12:40 show of Aladdin during the day. After that, we'll probably pop over to Disneyland, so we can see the 3:00 soundsational parade!

The next day, we will begin in Disneyland! This evening we have a 5:05 pm reservation for Goofys Kitchen, and then we will end our night in Disneyland, watching the 9:30 Forever fireworks, followed by the 10:45 PM paint the night parade. We will definitely pop over to C.A. during the day as well.

Wednesday is our last day :( I have a lunchtime reservation for Big Thunder BBQ. This is purely for dbf. He LOVES bbq, but I'm a vegetarian. However, since the BBQ place is closing soon, I thought we better do it this trip!! We have tickets for MNSSHP this evening, so we will see those fireworks as well!

Please critique my itinerary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter