I'm coming up with strange pkg. pricing...

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
In my ongoing effort to find the most affordable way to get a WDW vacation for next May, while still keeping the pkg. in order to get the components we really want I tried something...

We really want to stay at WL this time.
So, 6 nights at WL ,ctyd. view, for a family of four(2 adults/2 children) on the silver plan came up as 4,772.22 one day, and the very next day came up as 4,959.32.
:confused: Why am I getting different pricing for the exact same thing?

Then I thought I would try 3 nights at CSR std. view w/the silver plan for 2 adults/2children (2,305.22)
And 3 nights at WL ctyd.view w/the silver plan,2 adults/2 children(2,793.22)

That total comes to 5,098.44 . Why in the heck would it be MORE expensive to spend 3 of the nights at a moderate hotel w/stnd. view? I surely thought this would save us some money?:confused:

The difference could have been that one was woods view and the other a courtyard view myabe, or insurance??? :confused:

As for the split stay--you have to keep in mind that when you split a stay like that you have overlapping days for the passes so you usually end up paying a bit more (even going with the moderate because the pricing at the mods and the WL are not much different.)

Just a thought.
Sue Ellen

As for the split stay--you have to keep in mind that when you split a stay like that you have overlapping days for the passes so you usually end up paying a bit more (even going with the moderate because the pricing at the mods and the WL are not much different.)

Ah ha !!!
Thankyou SueEllen !! I didn't think of the overlapping UHP's.Hmmm,so,ideally..................I could book the first 3 nights of our trip at CSR, then book 1 room only night at WL and then package for the rest of our stay.
That way we wouldn't have the overlapping pass deal.

BUT,3 ressies is alot to keep up with :headache: Would WDTC let me do it that way?And would they even book my 1 room only day for me ?
I think I am making this more complicated than it really is.

Here is a link to Mousesavers. Calling Disney reservation direct rather then book online usualy will save you money. Go to the link and I think you will find the information youre loking for or at least clear away some of your confusion.

I never book online and I alway tell them this is what I want to do and this is where I want to stay and what is your best rate?

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdw.html

3 ressies are not hard to keep up with, believe me I am the queen of that :rolleyes: Anyway, Disney will keep an itinerary for you, I just found that out. Just ask them to lump the ressies together and they will keep track of it for you.

BTW, are you travelling between seasons? If you book your first night in regular season and the last five land on value, you need to make seperate ressies because they will charge you regular for the whole stay.

from Floridacat...
I never book online and I alway tell them this is what I want to do and this is where I want to stay and what is your best rate?

Thankyou for the great advice FloridaCat ! I will call and see what they say :goodvibes

from LoriZH....
BTW, are you travelling between seasons?

Lori, I am pretty sure the dates we are looking at (5/8-5/14 or 5/15-5/21) are all in the regular season.

Did you see the Disney Visa deal going on during those dates???

Seems like you would be able to go for about half that price.

The CM's have all the codes in front of them and even some that are not published. I never tell them a code, I just say I have AP, AAA or something like that.On our July trip we cut 400.00 of the online deal and the Sep trip we cut 240.00 off the online deal.

When selcting your dates, go to the Disney site and then Resorts. Look what season your going down as the Value season is the most reasonable. TIP: If you check in during Value season, your rate stays the same even if it goes to a higher season rate. The opposite is true, check in on Peak and it goes to Value, you pay Peak, have to check out and back in. So choose dates wisly.

I can see one other problem. I think that packages need to be 3 nights or more. If you get a 3 night at CSR, 1 night room-only at WL, then you can't have a 2-night package at WL to finish off the trip.

How old are your kids? Will you really take full advantage of the Silver plan? We have two kids and have never been able to see that we could pull if off and save money. Think really hard about this before going that way.

How about getting a 6 night room only at WL. Buying 6 day park hopper pluses and paying for meals/recreation as you go? I bet you save a bunch that way. I'd even look at getting 5 day hoppers instead and spending one day at the resort during the day and DTD at night to make it even cheaper.

-HM

Originally posted by HM
How about getting a 6 night room only at WL. Buying 6 day park hopper pluses and paying for meals/recreation as you go? I bet you save a bunch that way.

-HM

This is a valid question. We had the Gold Plan on our last trip (since we had that on our honeymoon and loved it) but found that with our niece and nephew, 6 and 8, we really didn't get full value. The stays at Simbas were nice and all, but we DEFINITELY didn't come out ahead.

Silver, obviously, isn't as expensive, and doesn't tend to overload you with as much food, but you might want to consider if you think you'll get good value out of the package for sure.

Thanks for all the excellent points everyone !

We bought what is now the gold plan with 3 meals a day during our first visit to the world when it was just DH and myself. It was definetly TOO much eating.

Last yr we purchased the silver plan with the kids and we did get our money's worth.We saved all of our meal receipts and definetly came out to the good. Ofcourse we did order big, but it was because we "could".
DH's ONLY request for future Disney vacations to do the silver plan. Its the one thing he insists on.

Unfortunately we will not be able to take advantage of the new VISA package because my youngest son will turn 10 before we travel, and the older one is 11.
I'm kind of hoping that another package deal that we can get in on will come out soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter