Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

For our family of 5, $325 is just too much.

Regular menu estimate, with tax and tip, would be under $200 (and that's with both appetizer and dessert, so the meal lasts long enough).
We have a regular R&C ADR booked, but thinking of switching to Tokyo Dining. $155 with tax and tip (entrée only) and then step outside on their balcony to watch. I'll be looking at reports for how this works for those with regular ADRs.

Late summer....no date given yet.

Thanks! Hoping to sneak in a long weekend trip to bid it adieu, but I have not seen anything concrete yet... I thought that if they are offering this new package, maybe they are either getting ready to wind up the show, or not replace it at all, depending on how successful this is.

I didn't realize tax and tip were included. My cost was $205 for 2 adults and a child. Figuring the numbers...

UK Cheese Platter $14
Scotch Egg $12
Kid's Salad $3

Fish & Chips $23
Roasted Salmon $27
Kid Fish & Chips $11

Dessert Pudding Trio x 2 $20?? Trio not listed on menu

Rosa Regal x 2 $26 or x 3 $39
Black & Tan x 2 $19.50 x 3 $29.25

Total $155.50 or $178.25
w/Tax $165.61 or $189.84
w/Tip $198.73 or $227.81

So even with just 2 drinks we're close to breaking even. If mixed drinks are an option and/or I'm able to get 3 drinks down during our dinner it's an even better scenario. Combined with a guaranteed seat for Illuminations I'm more than happy with my choice.

I wonder if we'll be able to take our time eating or if we'll have to be finished by the end of the show. Also wondering if they stop serving the included drinks at 9pm. Looking forward to some reports back.

Thanks! Hoping to sneak in a long weekend trip to bid it adieu, but I have not seen anything concrete yet... I thought that if they are offering this new package, maybe they are either getting ready to wind up the show, or not replace it at all, depending on how successful this is.

Illuminations is permanently ending lat "the end of summer" this year. Some sort of temporary show will replace it for several months or longer and then a new replacement show starts some time in 2020. You can see construction on the islands in the lagoon for the 2020 permanent replacement.

Here's the Disney announcement: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...of-epcot/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0913180919180015C

Here's the DIS thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/confirmed-illuminations-replacement.3667263/

I didn't realize tax and tip were included. My cost was $205 for 2 adults and a child. Figuring the numbers...

UK Cheese Platter $14
Scotch Egg $12
Kid's Salad $3

Fish & Chips $23
Roasted Salmon $27
Kid Fish & Chips $11

Total $155.50 or $178.25
w/Tax $165.61 or $189.84
w/Tip $198.73 or $227.81

So even with just 2 drinks we're close to breaking even. If mixed drinks are an option and/or I'm able to get 3 drinks down during our dinner it's an even better scenario. Combined with a guaranteed seat for Illuminations I'm more than happy with my choice.

I wonder if we'll be able to take our time eating or if we'll have to be finished by the end of the show. Also wondering if they stop serving the included drinks at 9pm. Looking forward to some reports back.

Rubbin in the Black and Tan.....well I oughta! pirate: It's my fave, just above the bumblebee.

I tried multiple times today to book on July 4. By the time I got home from work, I saw it had opened and of course no availability.

UK Cheese Platter $14
Scotch Egg $12
Kid's Salad $3

Fish & Chips $23
Roasted Salmon $27
Kid Fish & Chips $11

Total $155.50 or $178.25
w/Tax $165.61 or $189.84
w/Tip $198.73 or $227.81

The price is really not bad at all. If one was going as cheap as possible just for the seating, yes, this is a significant price increase. Then again, that may well be why they started this- not saying everyone does, but I’m sure a great many were just getting as little as possible and taking seats away from full diners. I’m thrilled with this.

Yes: Lots to love about this deal. I remember all those times that we struggled to stay on our aged feet, waiting for the show. I remember all those times begging for a seat with a view at Rose & Crown, only to be seated around the side or worse inside. I remember missing out on some great things because I had to call in - and this was booked online. Super super super.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter