I'll Probably get a lot of flack for this....

you could probably just stash your stuff in your car and smoke when you're off work somewhere that's not on property or at the apartments. kind of like how you're probably not allowed to smoke at home - just gotta drive around and find a place to do it. i'm sure you're not the only one.

I am totally disturbed by this comment...isn't anyone else? Since when is it o.k. to drive somewhere, get high, then drive home??? Before you say that it's no big deal and you're not that bad...you could drive, let me stop you right there. A very good friend of my daughters is still not and never will be the person he was before an accident where he was in the back seat of a car that his friend (who had been smoking weed), was driving. He blew the stop sign and was T-boned by a semi. My daughters friend was a great kid before the accident. Definitely touch and go for awhile in the hospital, but fortunately he's still with us and has had to endure several operations and over a year of physical therapy. The effect on his brain from the days of swelling will never leave him the same kid we watched grow up. NO ONE SHOULD EVER DRIVE WHEN USING ALCOHOL OR DRUGS!! And marijuana IS a drug.

If you're not supposed to do it then it is wrong. I think you mean it's not really bad for you...which compared to other addicitions people have it isn't. That I do agree on and I don't care if people smoke it, that is their choice. It is wrong to do it though if it wasn't you could just do it, you wouldn't have to hide or sneak around to do it. But the troll question is asking if you can be kicked out for it or know people who have been.

:thumbsup2 I guess I'm the one who said it was "wrong" and who that person was referring to, but I meant exactly what you meant. We're in agreement :goodvibes

I am totally disturbed by this comment...isn't anyone else? Since when is it o.k. to drive somewhere, get high, then drive home??? Before you say that it's no big deal and you're not that bad...you could drive, let me stop you right there. A very good friend of my daughters is still not and never will be the person he was before an accident where he was in the back seat of a car that his friend (who had been smoking weed), was driving. He blew the stop sign and was T-boned by a semi. My daughters friend was a great kid before the accident. Definitely touch and go for awhile in the hospital, but fortunately he's still with us and has had to endure several operations and over a year of physical therapy. The effect on his brain from the days of swelling will never leave him the same kid we watched grow up. NO ONE SHOULD EVER DRIVE WHEN USING ALCOHOL OR DRUGS!! And marijuana IS a drug.

People who smoke weed think that it's okay to smoke weed and then do whatever they feel. What people don't understand is you are still not in your right mind. If someone wants to keep it in their car thats their problem but they are fooling themselves if they think they can roll in their apartment high around their room mates. People will rat you out in a second down there.

People who smoke weed think that it's okay to smoke weed and then do whatever they feel. What people don't understand is you are still not in your right mind. If someone wants to keep it in their car thats their problem but they are fooling themselves if they think they can roll in their apartment high around their room mates. People will rat you out in a second down there.

I understand people ratting you out for being in possession of pot. But do people really rat people out just because they look like they are high? That seems a little extreme to me. And scary. I mean I look high sometimes when it's just my contacts bothering me.

If someone was suspected of being high, and were given a drug test and tested positive, would their roomates get termed even if there was no actual pot found in the room?

I understand people ratting you out for being in possession of pot. But do people really rat people out just because they look like they are high? That seems a little extreme to me. And scary. I mean I look high sometimes when it's just my contacts bothering me.

If someone was suspected of being high, and were given a drug test and tested positive, would their roomates get termed even if there was no actual pot found in the room?

Not if a room mate turns them in. But you wouldn't get turned it for having red eyes, but people can tell when you're coming in high consistently. Smelling like weed any type of legit evidence would lead to a person ratting on you in a hurry. I mean it's not going to be like the first time you walk in they will call.But if you always look high eat all their food just put yourself and room mates in a bad situation they will rat you out without thinking about it. If you aren't in possession and are tested but are clean they would probably move you to another apartment.

Just thought I would throw out a few thoughts, my roommates smoked and we didn't tolerate it. We informed housing and the roommates ended up being termed for having it in their possession. We got Very lucky because inspections were going to happen in our building the next day. Keep in mind that although this is a housing complex they do interact with the college program. They will tell Disney why you are terminated. Think of how many companies are involves with Disney!! I would not want a restricted rehire due to any drug relates offense on my record card. It will come back to haunt you! It's 6 months, if you can't withhold from it for 6 months then you need to seriously reevaluate what's going on in your life. Honestly there arnt many work places that don't hAve a anti drug policy, it's a part of life. Till they legalize it for every day use deal with the fact that you can't use it till your home.

I also wanted to point out that I've dealt with consiquenses due to illegal drugs. I have a parent that's a recovering addict and I know what Life's like with drugs. I also know as a person who refuses to touch the stuff that life goes on without it. I work 9-5 five days a week and go full time in school and make it with the use of any drugs. I've done the program before and never had a reason to resort to the stuff.

I know you'll probably never see this, its an extremely old thread, and this post will probably get buried before most people who come on this forum ever read it but I really need to say. This is probably one of the dumbest/most ignorant things i've ever read or heard. It honestly terrifies me to think that i have to live in the same country with people who think like this. You, sir or ma'am, are a complete tool and represent everything that is wrong with humanity...

To add to the topic; when someone chooses to smoke weed on their program they're taking a calculated risk. You can do it, and many people do and get away with it, but if you get caught you'll be terminated. I knew plenty of people who got termed for possession/actually smoking it on my program. I also knew far more people who got termed for things like owning nerf guns, steak knives, parking their car in a different complex over night, mouthing off to security, sleeping at their significant others apartment over night, and all kinds of non-sense.

At the end of the day if you think its a bad idea or it clearly violates the rules outlined in your contract you probably shouldn't do it.

I'm going to agree with this 100%. I would never and did never smoke on my College Program, especially with the absolutely harsh and stringent security that the program is famous for. Yeah, sure, it's against the rules, does that mean it's wrong? Sure, the language that was used may be a little strong, but perhaps you should be a little more considerate of those who break rules, because I'll be damned if you haven't broken any rules yourself. Would you say it's wrong for someone who's suffering from chronic debilitating pain and can get relief through marijuana usage does even though it's illegal?

Disney can't do random drug tests except for certain roles. Usually those that interact heavily with kids and those that rely on you transporting guests in a vehicle.

But Disney can and will do a drug test prior to your being hired. For CP's it happens on your first couple of days.

And let's be honest if Disney drug tested every cast member they'd have to fire most of the princesses and other characters.

Disney can't do random drug tests except for certain roles. Usually those that interact heavily with kids and those that rely on you transporting guests in a vehicle.

But Disney can and will do a drug test prior to your being hired. For CP's it happens on your first couple of days.

And let's be honest if Disney drug tested every cast member they'd have to fire most of the princesses and other characters.

But if you are caught with drugs at your building or apartment, they will likely drug test you if they are suspicious you have had drugs. So there is no guarantee one can get away with it. Not that I am interested in drugs, I just wouldn't recommend taking the risk when you are essentially living on Disney property the entire time.

Disney can't do random drug tests except for certain roles.

The following comes from their Employee Policy Manual. Admittedly, what I'm referencing is a few years old, but I seriously doubt this policy would have changed that much, if at all.

"It is the policy of the Company that employees perform the essential functions of their job and not cause a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or anyone else.

Employees are prohibited from reporting to or remaining at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If a supervisor has reason to suspect an employee is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the supervisor may require the employee to report to the Human Resources Department or the Medical Department to determine whether a physical examination will be conducted. If an employee refuses to submit to an examination, the employee is subject to termination. Any employee under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be sent home by taxi or Company transportation and is subject to termination."

The following comes from their Employee Policy Manual. Admittedly, what I'm referencing is a few years old, but I seriously doubt this policy would have changed that much, if at all.

"It is the policy of the Company that employees perform the essential functions of their job and not cause a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or anyone else.

Employees are prohibited from reporting to or remaining at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If a supervisor has reason to suspect an employee is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the supervisor may require the employee to report to the Human Resources Department or the Medical Department to determine whether a physical examination will be conducted. If an employee refuses to submit to an examination, the employee is subject to termination. Any employee under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be sent home by taxi or Company transportation and is subject to termination."

I did a CP and a PI and tons of friends in both, and did not know anyone who got drug tested. However, if you are in a PT/FT role that requires operation of a motor vehicle, you may be tested upon your employment. Most of the CPs I know did NOT get tested.

Does not mean it is a good idea, though- Price Management (or whoever manages the CPs nowadays) is very stringent,and will not hesitate to make life hell for you should you choose to smoke. Let it be known I am not against marijuana use- I just think choosing to do so on the CP is a dumb risk.

I did a CP and a PI and tons of friends in both, and did not know anyone who got drug tested. However, if you are in a PT/FT role that requires operation of a motor vehicle, you may be tested upon your employment. Most of the CPs I know did NOT get tested.

I would argue that because one may not know of anyone doesn't necessarily mean that it does not happen.

I would also say that with 60,000 Cast Members working at WDW, a statement reflecting the personal knowledge of a small % of that 60,000 also doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

My point is that Disney reserves the right to do it. They can do it. They do do it. If someone knows someone or not who was asked to do it doesn't change the policy or the action of the company.

Of course, my interpretation is not any more valid or any more invalid than yours. Those interested really ought to ask directly via wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com rather than trying to take the word of 2 former participants with dissenting opinions or anyone else on an unofficial message board.

I would argue that because one may not know of anyone doesn't necessarily mean that it does not happen.

I would also say that with 60,000 Cast Members working at WDW, a statement reflecting the personal knowledge of a small % of that 60,000 also doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

My point is that Disney reserves the right to do it. They can do it. They do do it. If someone knows someone or not who was asked to do it doesn't change the policy or the action of the company.

Of course, my interpretation is not any more valid or any more invalid than yours. Those interested really ought to ask directly via wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com rather than trying to take the word of 2 former participants with dissenting opinions or anyone else on an unofficial message board.

Sorry, I misread your statement. They do reserve the right to do it at any time, they just typically can't afford to do it for every CP that comes through the door every 4-6 months. I think.

Disney can only drug test post-accident unless you operate a motor vehicle. Pargos aren't included in that. So the list of areas where they can drug test you without an accident are limited to: Watercraft, Monorails, Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, Parking, Buses, Safari, Steam Train Ops./MSO, Tom Sawyer Island boats, Lilly Belle and Jungle Cruise.

And in some of those they still can't because they haven't figured out the negotiations with the unions to have a pay raise. So all they're doing is a pre-employment screening.

I'm only answering the question based on the idea of usage not in CP housing and not being stoned while at work.

GMR does not do drug testing (and I can't see why JC would either, as both are on tracks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter