I'll be in Disney from Jan.16th till the 21st..

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Do you think that ADR's will be absolutely necessary at that time? I really hate to "lock" myself into times and places, but I'm taking my sister and think she might get a kick out of Chef Mickey's Breakfast and a few other places that accept the DDE..

I would strongly recommend you make an ADR for Chef Mickey's. That's usually a tough walk-in.

I would strongly recommend you make an ADR for Chef Mickey's. That's usually a tough walk-in.

----------------------

Thanks! Maybe I'll make that for our last day - last reservation after we check out.. My family and I did it on our December trip and really enjoyed the food! :)

I was there last year at that time and didn't have any issue's making an ADR when I checked in at Garden Grill in Epcot. ( I think that the name where Mickey is at.)

It wasn't crowded.

I was there those dates last year and many things were full up. I recall the CM's turning people away at the traditional dinner hours of around 5:30 pm on with "no more seating is available." I saw this at Chef Mickey's , 50's Prime Time, Mama Melrose's, Crystal Palace and Spoodles.

I was there those dates last year and many things were full up. I recall the CM's turning people away at the traditional dinner hours of around 5:30 pm on with "no more seating is available." I saw this at Chef Mickey's , 50's Prime Time, Mama Melrose's, Crystal Palace and Spoodles.

---------------------------

You just reminded me! 50's Prime Time is another place I think she would enjoy.. Hmmm.. I think I better get busy here! :)

For Chef Mickey's we always go in at opening, and have never had an issue getting right in. Oh, we do have a problem getting ADR's..they always say full, then we go and watch a half empty restaurant.
We've gone at least 5 years in a row at this time..and never had an issue at anyplace (other than Prime Time..we usually go in and put our name in and come back).

Last night I made ADR for our trip 01/26 - 02/03. I got what I wanted, but had to switch some days and times.

I could not get Le Cellier on Friday - switched to Thursday or Coral Reef on Thursday - switched to Monday. Some of our times are earlier than I would have prefered; 4:10 and 4:30.

If you want to eat at a certain place and/or a certain time; make an ADR!

I was going to ask the exact same question! We'll even be there the same dates. Anyway, I think except for our dinner with an Imagineer, we're going to risk it.

Is there a penalty for making reservations and cancelling them? I, too, don't want to be "locked in."

We are going to be there Jan 13-18th and I made one ADR for each day at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and dinners at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, La Cellier and Marrakesh. Just did not want to take a chance. It is so easy to cancel if you do not want it or change plans at the last minute but much harder to do the other way around. I would much rather have them and not use them, than wish I had made ADR's just in case or be turned away. There is no penalty to a cancellation at the last minute.

We are going the 19th thru the 28th. I made ADR's for each night so that I would not be caught by surprise. I know that it is hard to be locked into specific dinner times, but maybe make some and then if you find that it is going to be inconvenient you can cancel them.

Do you think that ADR's will be absolutely necessary at that time? I really hate to "lock" myself into times and places, but I'm taking my sister and think she might get a kick out of Chef Mickey's Breakfast and a few other places that accept the DDE..
I'm going the week before, and although I don't know about Chef Mickey's, I just made 2 ADRs in the past few days, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how many openings they had. A few days ago, I called for Sci Fi on 1/8 dinner, and the CM listed many possible times. Just 2 days ago, I called for CP dinner (a character meal) for 5:30-6:00, and the CM had 5:45 (don't know what else she may have had).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter