If You're Following Bobby's Unit - Guess What Our Own DIS MOUSEFAN Did???

TwinMom7

Proud Mom of a United States Marine
My dear DIS friend, MouseFan contacted the South Bend Tribune to let them know what a great job Fred Dodd was doing covering the South Bend Marines of Engineer Company B.

Her letter stated:

Please let Mr. Dodd know that there are many of us eagerly awaiting his reports daily. Most of us are not from the South Bend area, but from all over the U.S.A. We are all tied to this company through "adopting" many of the guys in the unit through the effort of one of the Marine's mom (aka: TwinMom7). We all belong to an internet bulletin board site known as the DIS - a board of Disney fans. We are now their adopted cyber aunts and uncles. Many of us have sent cards, letters, and boxes to these Marines for many weeks, even though we have never met them personally and probably never will. We check the DIS board for TwinMom7's reports and the Tribune's website several times daily looking for updates of our "adopted" nephews and maybe a glimpse of a picture of them.

Well, the Editor of the South Bend Tribune contacted our dear MouseFan and asked permission to print her letter in the VOICE of the PEOPLE section of the paper. The editor agreed to leave out names of the Marines for security reasons, and the editor stated that she's actually visited the DIS since hearing about this and couldn't believe what a wide group of folks we have here!!! She also stated that she spoke with Fred Dodd yesterday and that all of our Marines are doing great.

I just had to share this with all of you and give MouseFan a big DIS hug from me!!!!;)

Oh -- the Power of the DIS! I am so grateful that we have this medium to bring all of us together!

Patty again you leave me speechless. My dh will want lessons sometime.;) :p

When this shows up in the Voice of the People, I'll post it here for ALL TO SEE!!!;)

That is grreat news!!!
It is incredible what the internet has done!!!!
It is incredible what a person can do because of it :)

This is WONDERFUL!!! Keep us posted, Patty. :)

First of all want to say " thanks " for the hug , and to thank you for letting all of us become part of your family.
I was really surprised to get the email from the newspaper, and really didn't ever expect to hear back from them. Considering I sent the original email several days ago. But with all the grumbling and griping in this world today thought it would be nice to send an " atta boy" to someone for a job well done... after getting the email I wanted to check with TwinMom7 to make sure since she lived in the area , and was mentioned personally in the original that I had her approval to give the go ahead. After several pm's back and forth we redid the original email to approve for publication. I called the editor directly and she was very nice, and agreed to the corrections, I told her that when she talks to Fred again. if he mentions that he or any of the guys need anything in particular to please let myself or twinmom7 know and we will post it and do our best to get the things to them as soon as the mail permits. Jokingly told her we would like to see more photos but as she explained the sattelites are so bogged down with usage its tough to get them out to them. but also she chuckled and said she would pass it on...

As one of Bobby's Cyber Aunts, I thank you!!! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all!!!!

That is so cool!!!! Way to go Mousefan!!! :)

This is really quite a little group! I think this was wonderful. Fred Dodd certainly deserves a pat on the back for the job he is doing. I check every morning for Patty's post and relay it to my Dh and our friends that are helping with the care packages. Very nice mousefan, and thanks again Patty for everything.

This is so neat. Great letter, Mousefan. And, as always, thanks for all of the updates.

The posts here have made this war very personal for me and my family. I know we would never have the personal feeling we do without the DIS. It is very powerful!

Good Job, MouseFan! And thanks to you also Patty for letting us share your South Bend Boys. I, too, am going to www.southbendtribune.com each day to see how they're doing. Fred Dodd IS doing a great job. But without you, Patty, we would never have known it.

Thanks to BOTH of you, TwinMom7 AND MouseFan!!

ckr

That is so cool! I check for your updates everyday and pass them onto my friends at work. Thank you to Mousefan, too.

That is so wonderful. What a neat report. Thanks Mousefan for your wonderful thoughts and actions. Many think of doing things, but few follow through. You done good, and in the process have helped out many people.

That is wonderful.

Patty - as always thanks for letting us be a part of your life and Bobby's.

Mousefan - thanks for going that extra mile and letting the paper know.

I'm very proud to be a cyber-aunt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter