If you were to buy direct right now, where would you buy?

RIV is our top choice and given that they incentives are slightly better and you may end up with 2021 points if you have an Aug to Dev UY, it makes it even nicer
This might be a dumb question, but why would only RIV have 2021 points? Also, does Disney just give you the next upcoming UY when you buy direct?

This might be a dumb question, but why would only RIV have 2021 points? Also, does Disney just give you the next upcoming UY when you buy direct?

Disney gives you whatever the current use year is. So use years starting in August, October, and December are still in the 2021 use year, so they'd get 2021 points. This goes for all direct resorts except the new VGF building, because they were not open in the 2021 use year. They're starting with 2022 points.

Disney gives you whatever the current use year is. So use years starting in August, October, and December are still in the 2021 use year, so they'd get 2021 points. This goes for all direct resorts except the new VGF building, because they were not open in the 2021 use year. They're starting with 2022 points.

Ahh that makes sense, thanks!

DVD decided not to offer any 2021 UY points for VGF because the new rooms are opening in 2022, even for the later UYs.

VGF or RIV

Other resorts have the sold out premium that really makes it hard to look at these days. Couple years back it wasn't so bad but now its pretty bad pricing wise.

I am a current owner with points at BRV, BWV and CCV. Back in March purchased 300 direct GFV2 points and 275 RIV resale. I wanted the resale value to be high on my GFV2 direct points and I got a great deal on the RIV resale points.

RIV. we've talked about it, and will most likely do so in the future unless another resort opens in that time that really blows us away. the skyliner really brings it home for us.

I'd wait and buy Disneyland Hotel Tower. Ten years from now, it's going to be the crème de la crème of DVC ownership and worth $$$$.

If I had to buy now, direct, it would be Grand Floridian.

I'd wait and buy Disneyland Hotel Tower. Ten years from now, it's going to be the crème de la crème of DVC ownership and worth $$$$.

I think VGC simply by closeness to the parks can’t be beat but VDH is a close second. Depending on price, I’m buying both (VDH direct, VGC resale)

If I had to buy now, I agree with you on GF.

I think VDH will be desirable but I am not sure I agree that it will rule supreme. There are too many points available in the association which may temper resale price. I don't think VDH will follow the same path as VGC.

I think VGC simply by closeness to the parks can’t be beat but VDH is a close second. Depending on price, I’m buying both (VDH direct, VGC resale)

Well, Grand Cal isn't an option for most people. However, Disneyland Hotel will be for new buyers. Disneyland Hotel is the centerpiece of Disneyland Forward. If that project happens (and it will eventually), Disneyland Hotel stands to become one amazing resort to own and likely the last DVC resort in Anaheim ever built.

Attachments

• 90.jpg
    90.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Love it! Another VGC fan. It’s worth every penny (and then some). Already had a few chats with other DVC families here at WDW and they so far have all said they have lots of love for the Grand Cal.

With that said I think I might have added to your plans to possibly buy VGF in another thread. Well I have to report back that that plan is dead. Went on a tour yesterday and visited SSR (we are staying here on rented points in a studio and like it but wanted to see a GV and 2BR), CCV, VGF, and Rivera. Would have said I was 80% certain I was going to buy VGF. NOPE! Rivera won our hearts for sure and we bought that. Yes restrictions sucks but it’s a great deal if you can get member pricing….. Just loved it and gave in (It’s what the wife and both kiddos liked the most - well minus CCV but direct that’s way too expensive - I’d rather have more resale VGC for that price).

Good luck with getting your VGC points :).

Love it! Another VGC fan. It’s worth every penny (and then some). Already had a few chats with other DVC families here at WDW and they so far have all said they have lots of love for the Grand Cal.

With that said I think I might have added to your plans to possibly buy VGF in another thread. Well I have to report back that that plan is dead. Went on a tour yesterday and visited SSR (we are staying here on rented points in a studio and like it but wanted to see a GV and 2BR), CCV, VGF, and Rivera. Would have said I was 80% certain I was going to buy VGF. NOPE! Rivera won our hearts for sure and we bought that. Yes restrictions sucks but it’s a great deal if you can get member pricing….. Just loved it and gave in (It’s what the wife and both kiddos liked the most - well minus CCV but direct that’s way too expensive - I’d rather have more resale VGC for that price).

Congratulations. I think this is an example of why RIV is still getting buyers because once they tour they decide that the restrictions for selling are not as important as they once thought they would be and willing to hope for the best.

I am 17 days out for my trip with first night at VGF but then the other 2 at RIV! Can’t wait to be back!!

We will be at WDW in Aug and I’m definitely going to be touring Riviera! We stopped by on the skyliner in Feb but didn’t get to take a look around.

We bought into BRV resale last year and addonitis has already struck! We added on direct this week at GFV to get our blue card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter