If you havent been back to WDW in a while

I used to go once a year and loved it. I really felt a change last time I went and I knew I wouldn’t be back for awhile, if ever. Too crowded, too much planning to do anything. It felt more like work than vacation. It kinda sucked the magic out for me. I sold my DVC membership this year.

My last WDW trip was Thanksgiving 2013. My sister and I had a wonderful time.
I knew then that any future trip was "who knows". The following year my daughter was pregnant with my now almost 3yr old grandson. My parents aren't in good health.
I'm hoping for 2019 when my GS turns 4.

Our family of 6 went to Disney and Universal last summer for 8 days. We knew it was the end of an era. Oldest DS got married this year and started his real job, etc. DS#2 and 3 are 20 and 18 and in college-program is 7 years. DD will be 16 next month.

Our family vacations as they once were are coming to a close.

However, as I type this, I am in Orlando. DD had an opportunity to come down here that came up just 2 weeks ago! We have been here since Wednesday and only have tomorrow as a park day. So we are going to EPCOT. We were able to spend the morning at Disney Springs yesterday which was nice to be back in the "bubble".

Before 2 weeks ago, I thought it would be a few years before we would return at all.

So never say never!

January 2014 and I was hoping to continue a childhood tradition of every other year but DH hates it and as the kids entered high school, that adds new challenges with being unable to travel off season. I was figuring on a solo trip. My parents are getting older and are almost ready for a driver to take their car down for them, so I thought I could piggy back on that.

Just last week, though DS 16 told me he missed it and wanted to go back after saying for the past couple of years that he was over it. Maybe I'll do a kid plus mom trip in the next year or so and DH can stay home with the dogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter