If you havent been back to WDW in a while

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
did you kind of know in your last trip there it would be a while before you went back ?

yes, I felt it in my bones

Yes, we both said we were going to wait a few years. It has been 3 years now and we will probably wait another 2. Tickets are so expensive and it just wasn't worth going to, especially to Disney Studios, that park is ridiculous.

I thought we would go back the year after we went. It has now been over 3 years, And will probably 3 more years until our next trip.

did you kind of know in your last trip there it would be a while before you went back ?

yes, I felt it in my bones
We knew even before our first trip was over that we might not ever go back. We just found it waaay too much work compared to DLR, and that was before MB's and FastPass+. If we ever go back to Florida for theme parks it will be for Universal.

Every year I say it's gonna be our last for awhile, but we're weak. The amount we spend as opposed to the value we get is enough to make us sick. We really need to explore other resort vacation spots where you get more bang for your buck.

Yes, but that's because I already had my next trip planned. I knew how much time would be intervening.

I pretty much had a good idea it was our last. The boys were growing up and entering their own "worlds". We did do Vegas for four more years straight, the last trip being in 2010. :)

Yeah.... it was already such a blow to the budget when we DID go... but we were determined to make memories!

Honestly I didn't even know if DD and DH would have fun ; it wasn't until we were on the way home that DH confessed that he had LOVED Disney despite thinking he wasn't going to.

So my countdown timer is very hopeful! It may actually end up being 2020 or 2021 when we go again...

We didn't know our 2012 trip would be our last for awhile. We were planning on going back in 2014 but then my son was diagnosed with leukemia at the beginning of that year and passed away that November. I was hoping to get back summer 2018 but financially we can't afford it.

Yes...back in 2012, I guess you could say we were burned out. Towards the end of the trip we were just miserable, which is rare for us because we're pretty laid back travelers. But it was just a super crowded time, people were being rude, it was hot, etc. So I think everything just got to us and we decided to wait a few more years until we went back.

Yeah, 2015 was our last visit and we knew we wouldn't be back for a few years. We had a cruise planned in 2016 and took 2017 off. We plan to go back in 2018, but we're going in knowing it's not the same as the glory years around 2000-2009 or so. As others have said, we're considering finding other vacation destinations in the future. The cost/value proposition is significantly eroded and we're not big SW fans, so that won't change it for us either.

2012 for us as well. Went to Food & Wine after DD turned 21. We own DVC, and we have some passes I bought several years ago, along with some Disney gift cards. Still haven't made it back. As above, our last few trips were not as fun due to crowds and we go "off season".

We were also kind of waiting for new attractions to open, and now we are older and more out of shape. DH just had hip replacement. I'm thinking about Halloween 2018, but we shall see. We're also trying to move to Oregon! Not looking forward to flying to Orlando from there, for sure.

I always thought I would be those people who go once or twice a year.
Well we haven’t been in over 5 years.

Last trip my boys favorite thing to do out of all the theme parks was gokarting in Kissimmee.

I would like to go back but every time I see how much planning you have to do just for a sit down meal, i lose interest

Yes it took years to save for what was a "once in a lifetime" trip. Though I will go back eventually. It's been 15 years since our trip to WDW.

In that time I have visited Disneyland at least a couple dozen times. DL is much closer & much cheaper for us (no airfare, shorter trips).

Yeah, December 2014 I thought 'let's give them time to build more stuff' and figured 2017 would be the soonest we'd be back. Well we're going to Universal in 9 days for the 3rd time since with no WDW plans in the future!

Yes, but it was mainly because I have other places I want to take the kids to see and they're getting older (the number of years I have to do it is finite.) So we've been doing national parks trips the last few years. Everyone still loves Disney and hopefully we'll get at least one more whole-family trip in.

We've gone to WDW every other year since 2010. Both kids are in college now and don't want to go any more. DD's high school softball team went twice over the last 4 years. DH and I joined them. We have 2 sets of tickets stockpiled but no trip planned - 4 park days and tons of WP entries left on our non expire 10 day hoppers with water park fun & more tickets. Plus DH and I have a set of the old 7 day hoppers. It would be cheap to trade our timeshare and just go. We'd only have to worry about food costs. Usually I stockpile discount Disney gift cards to cover food, but I haven't replenished my stash yet. The problem is finding the time. We want to visit New Orleans, go to the beach, go on a short cruise over Christmas with the college kids next year, and save for a safari to South Africa. Not sure when we will be able to fit Disney in again. I think we'll wait until DHS is done.

Yes, our 2012 trip was intended to be a one & done for our family. So far, it has been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter