• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could be at one sporting event ( when ever it was)

Ah, sorry. I automatically assumed the men's World Cup since you're living in Germany.
The German women's team is also generally fantastic. I think their former goal keeper, Angerer, still holds the record for the longest amount of World Cup play without letting a ball in the net (men or women). It was several games. She's legendary.
I'll always love the USWNT though. The first football I ever watched was back in the glory days of Mia Hamm.

I also love seeing the German men play. It was fun in 2014 being in Germany when we took the Cup.

No. I mean the 2015 final when the USA beat Japan. Carli Lloyd's hat trick, etc?
I remember that. I was actually in North Vancouver the day before the Final and saw lots of USA fans in our hotel and around the area. We were on Vancouver Island on the day of the final and waiting at the Sidney ferry terminal for the ferry to Anacortes, Washington. I didn't have any means of watching it, and I turned off my cellular data although later I found that I wouldn't have incurred roaming charges with my cellular plan. But I searched for stations on our car radio and found a national Canadian broadcast of the game.

Game 7 would be a good one to be at too, but 6 just stands out more in my memory. I was a kid, and my family and I were watching the game at home and I remember being very anxious. When Kirby Puckett, one of my childhood heroes, hit his home run to win the game, we were all jumping up and down, it was so exciting. I still remember watching the ball after it was it and hearing the announcer say, “and we’ll see you tomorrow night!!” I actually get a little teary-eyed to this day if I see the clip; happy memories.

which one would you pick ?

The 1936 Berlin Olympics, would love to see opening ceremony when every Country out of respect to the Hitler, dipped there flag as they passed by him, except the USA. Roosevelt said we will not dip out flag to anyone ( I seen videos of it, I get chills) then if thats not enough we Get to watch Clevelands own Jessie Owens go all Gold in front of the Nazis
1924 Olympics to watch my grandfather, whom I never met, win a bronze medal in track.

I would have loved to be at 2012 NLCS Game 7 between the Giants and the Cardinals. Just such an epic comeback in that series, and then to win with the rain pouring down in SF! How cool!

November 18, 2006....the Horseshoe in Columbus, OH for the college football Game of the Century. #1 Ohio State vs. #2 Michigan. The Buckeyes won 42-39 in a game full of big plays.

I was there
1982 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship game UNC vs Georgetown. Runners up would be the other UNC NCAA Championships. Chicago Bull's NBA Championship games in the Michael Jordan era would come after those. I also wish I could have seen the Magic Johnson Lakers vs. Larry Bird Celtics NBA Championship games in person. Other than basketball, I would choose men's 1984 USA gymnastics olympic gold medal round.
i was there in 1982 - it was AWESOME

Miracle on Ice was my 1st thought. Close second: Ali-Frazier I, 1971. The Fight Of The Century between 2 undefeated champions.

Game 7 would be a good one to be at too, but 6 just stands out more in my memory. I was a kid, and my family and I were watching the game at home and I remember being very anxious. When Kirby Puckett, one of my childhood heroes, hit his home run to win the game, we were all jumping up and down, it was so exciting. I still remember watching the ball after it was it and hearing the announcer say, “and we’ll see you tomorrow night!!” I actually get a little teary-eyed to this day if I see the clip; happy memories.

Great!!!! I really don't remember details of the 1991 World Series, just that it went to the 7th game in extra innings and was very exciting.

By coincidence, I was in Minneapolis on business in April 1992 and went to the Twins home opener. Nosebleed seats at the Metrodome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter