• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could be at one sporting event ( when ever it was)

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
which one would you pick ?

The 1936 Berlin Olympics, would love to see opening ceremony when every Country out of respect to the Hitler, dipped there flag as they passed by him, except the USA. Roosevelt said we will not dip out flag to anyone ( I seen videos of it, I get chills) then if thats not enough we Get to watch Clevelands own Jessie Owens go all Gold in front of the Nazis

Last edited:
Hard to top that. Especially Jesse Owens. But to be honest, not a fan of the Olympics.

121157a_lg.jpeg

As it turned out the price for the 1980 Olympic ticket was well worth it. But the U.S. was never expected to reach the playoff round. Can you imagine paying $67.20 in 1980 for Sweden vs. Finland or the USSR vs. Czechoslovakia? The top price for the Stanley Cup finals that year was probably no more than $50.

1982 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship game UNC vs Georgetown. Runners up would be the other UNC NCAA Championships. Chicago Bull's NBA Championship games in the Michael Jordan era would come after those. I also wish I could have seen the Magic Johnson Lakers vs. Larry Bird Celtics NBA Championship games in person. Other than basketball, I would choose men's 1984 USA gymnastics olympic gold medal round.

Is that your ticket to Miracle on Ice :worship:
I wasn't there. But if there's one iconic moment in American sports that almost anyone can agree on, that would be it. The photo is from an auction site selling that ticket as a collectible.

I was present for Klay Thompson's 37 point quarter. Now that was awesome. I put the ticket in a bag but can't find it now. That was like a video game where he just couldn't miss. One shot went off the front of the rim, but the bounce went off the backboard and in. And one time he was intentionally fouled, took a shot after the foul, and that went in. The real irony was that I wasn't there for the game. I was there to buy Disney on Ice tickets to avoid the hefty Ticketmaster fees. The ticket window at Oracle Arena happened to be open and selling any available tickets for any event there without a service charge. Then I asked if they had any seat available and was told yes because they're held back and then guaranteed by a sponsor. But then someone asked me from behind if I needed a ticket as they had a group ticket that one person didn't use. I paid $50 (the price for that level) but later the seller told me their group price was $45 each.

NM - duplicate post. The new board software is sometimes buggy.

NM - duplicate post. The new board software is sometimes buggy.
Speaking of bugs in the new software, do all of you have posts that look a half page long? I hate to post, because it seems like all my posts take up so much space.

Speaking of bugs in the new software, do all of you have posts that look a half page long? I hate to post, because it seems like all my posts take up so much space.
I don't get those myself but I'm seeing them. There's also something at the bottom that I had a look at and I was redirected to some attempt (called family lobby dot com) to modify my browser after I clicked on it. Not sure where it's coming from but it's after any user content.

I double posted because I had already posted but for some reason I saw my draft back at the bottom of the screen. I thought maybe "post reply" didn't take so I tried it again and saw it was posting the same stuff again. Earlier I started working on something, but I lost the changes when it reverted to an earlier draft. Like I said earlier......

FaithfulWelldocumentedAss-small.gif

No - it's just you; I noticed it in a couple of other threads. Maybe you've inadvertently got something weird in your signature that's causing it? :confused3

Low key where do u live? We need to chill. My one is the 2003 NCAA men's basketball championship.

Mello

Sorry jay hawk . Rock chalk poor jay hawk

I don't even have a signature. I wish I knew how to fix it.
:scratchin Here's a weird thing...if you put your cursor in the big, blank space and highlight, you can see there's "something" in a vertical line down the middle running all the way to the end. I'd try posting to the Tech board and see if they can do anything to help.

:scratchin Here's a weird thing...if you put your cursor in the big, blank space and highlight, you can see there's "something" in a vertical line down the middle running all the way to the end. I'd try posting to the Tech board and see if they can do anything to help.
Thanks, I'll try that.

1982 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship game UNC vs Georgetown. Runners up would be the other UNC NCAA Championships. Chicago Bull's NBA Championship games in the Michael Jordan era would come after those. I also wish I could have seen the Magic Johnson Lakers vs. Larry Bird Celtics NBA Championship games in person. Other than basketball, I would choose men's 1984 USA gymnastics olympic gold medal round.

So you're a heel fan. Respect loyalty. CUSE fan here . FFF Duke. At least I respect Williams, a hell of a coach

I tried highlighting & deleting it. We'll see, if that works.
So you're a heel fan. Respect loyalty. CUSE fan here . FFF Duke. At least I respect Williams, a hell of a coach
Hello, fellow ACC fan. :wave2:

I tried highlighting & deleting it. We'll see, if that works.

Hello, fellow ACC fan. :wave2:

What's weird is I am a BIG EAST fan. Grew up watching amazing players, but not upset about the ACC. I love the competition, CUSE @ Duke. Duke@ unc. It's just fun. And Im talking hoops

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter