If you can only pick one restaurant for dinner...

Do DS for sure and everyone has suggested great places - I would suggest avoiding Planet Hollywood at all costs! Your kids will want to go but the food is awful and the ambience is a nightmare. Have a great time :)

My preference in DS is Morimoto and Boathouse but with two younger girls, I would suggest Raglan Road. I think the girls would like to watch the dancers at least my nieces loved them.

BOMA at AKL if you like a buffet. Or Jiko at AKL for a fine dining experience. Both serve delicious African/indian inspired food. we eat there every trip regardless of how long or where we stay.

Not at Disney Springs, but hands down Flying Fish. I ate there twice during my recent trip, having a couple appetizers each meal.. some of the best food I've ever had. Plus you can follow the meal with a lovely stroll along the Boardwalk.

For a two credit meal, Yachtsman Steakhouse would be my choice. The steaks there are exceptional in our experience and the setting in Yacht Club is beautiful. Once you’ve finished your meal, you can lounge outside in one of the resort’s rocking chairs, and watch the world go by, or take a stroll on the Boardwalk.

For a really fun time, the Hoop Dee Doo Revue is well worth a visit - especially if you’re not planning on visiting a park. We’ve been on every trip so far and each time is better than the last!

I'd do either something really fun like Hoop de Doo or a yummy buffet with lots of options like Boma to end the trip nicely. :)

We’ve taken the kids to both Morimoto and Boathouse successfully as there’s something for everyone on the menus. Finally ate some appetizers at Raglan Road during lunchtime without the children this trip and feel confident they would enjoy it the next time we return to WDW. The hot smoked fish appetizer is very filling and could serve two with salad as a lunch. We also ordered the battered monkfish and fries but will bypass that next time for the fish and chips or something else; the monkfish was very bland in taste but battered and fried perfectly.

If the weather looks good, the outside seating on the lake at the Boathouse is great use of an evening! pirate: I would start the night off with drink on the third deck of Paddlefish. Then walk over to the dockside bar at Boathouse. have a drink while watching the ducks putter around the lagoon. Then let your waiter know you are ready for your reservation and would like outside seating. Eat a perfectly cooked steak (outside charred/inside medium rare) under the dusky sky. Then, mosey on over to Raglan for a wonderful nightcap whilst the live entertainment kick their feet. Half and Half please.

Yeah, was a great night the last couple times I did it. Will be again in a few short months. I highly recommend it.

We are staying one night at SSR after our 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise. We will not have park tickets and right now, no plans. We have talked about a water park but may just swim at the resort or head to DS. We will have a rental car. Will be DH, DD’s 6 & 11 and I.

So back to the question - if you could choose just 1 dinner restaurant that is not in a park, what would it be?

We are big on seafood, so it would be Cape May at the Beach Club for us.

If I had to choose one non-park restaurant, it would be The Wave. Their filet is amazing! In fact, I just had it last week after having a filet at Shula's earlier in the trip, and I swear I really don't see much difference. But OP, since you are staying close to DS, I would probably suggest Homecomin'.
the countdown is real

I’ve booked Raglan Road for now. It’s bew to us and I think the girls would enjoy it. We’ll see if I keep it or change it again! ;) Thanks for all your suggestions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter