• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If we FP or get a dining package for ROL what time would we need to be at ROL entrance?

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
We're going in September and trying to plan our dinner ADR time accordingly so what time is latest we should be at entranceway to ROL and get a decent seat. TIA!

We had a FP+ for a night with only one show. We arrived about 50 minutes ahead of time. The theater was half full and we were seated in a center section.

OP, glad you asked this question. We have a dining package so I was also wondering. The stadium is on the smallish side so I was planning on about 60 minutes in advance.

IF using a FP+ aren't you limited to when you show up based on the window timeframe they give you ??

When we booked Fantasmic FPs in the past, we just showed up about 15-20 minutes prior to the show time, scanned our bands and were guided towards what section to sit in. I know its been said after a certain period of time FP seating is no longer 'reserved' but our most recent trip we ran in with 10 minutes left before showtime and were still directed towards the FP section and found seats with no problem.

Not sure if this is the case with ROL though which is why I'm asking :)

IF using a FP+ aren't you limited to when you show up based on the window timeframe they give you ??

No. You can show up well before the FP time slot. In some cases if you show up during that FP time slot, you'll be considered late and will find the area of your show your watching to be quite full

We're going in September and trying to plan our dinner ADR time accordingly so what time is latest we should be at entranceway to ROL and get a decent seat. TIA!

For FP I'd show up 45 min or more
For dining package I'd show up 30 min or more

We went last night. Our show was for 8:45. We had fp and arrived at 7:30. We were able to get seats in the first fp section. By 8:10 I'd say 75% of the fp section was full. By 8:20 it looked close to 100% full

We went last night. Our show was for 8:45. We had fp and arrived at 7:30. We were able to get seats in the first fp section. By 8:10 I'd say 75% of the fp section was full. By 8:20 it looked close to 100% full

Wow thank you! Good to know -I'm assuming most of this is because ROL is so new and Spring breakers are just starting?

I believe they open the arena about an hour and 30 min prior to showtime.

We went on March 9th with FP for 7:15 show. We went in and got our seats at 5:50

My current fastpass for a Friday night in May indicates to arrive between 8:35 and 9:00pm for a 9:15pm show.
Sadly, those don't take in to account crowds. I wouldn't arrive later than 8:30 for the 9:15 show. 9:00 is going to severely limit the seat you've paid a good price at a meal for

Are people basically saying that even with FP or a dining package, you still need to line up significantly earlier than the designated times for those? If I'm going to do that, I may as well just do stand by...or am I missing something? We are not terribly particular about our seat location, just want 3 together or close together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter