• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If we FP or get a dining package for ROL what time would we need to be at ROL entrance?

Are people basically saying that even with FP or a dining package, you still need to line up significantly earlier than the designated times for those? If I'm going to do that, I may as well just do stand by...or am I missing something? We are not terribly particular about our seat location, just want 3 together or close together.

I am wondering this too. Not worth it to me to still have to arrive super early. Almost defeats the purpose. Of course I don't care about having a front row seat either I am thinking of my wiggly toddler trying to keep her entertained for that long LOL

Significantly before the designated time shown on the pass? No. At the beginning of the time shown on the pass? yes.

Significantly before the designated time shown on the pass? No. At the beginning of the time shown on the pass? yes.
Great! Thank you. This I understand and it makes more sense...We will keep our FP and arrive at the start of the window.

Are people basically saying that even with FP or a dining package, you still need to line up significantly earlier than the designated times for those? If I'm going to do that, I may as well just do stand by...or am I missing something? We are not terribly particular about our seat location, just want 3 together or close together.

Doing standby would mean you would need to show up way before you would with a FP or Dining package.

When I saw it, an hour before the show standby was full. I'd say my FP area was probably 50-60% full

Earlier beats later every time it's tried.

If seeing a particular performance is IMPORTANT to you, arrive early.
How early?
Figure what you would normally consider "too early"
and arrive 30 minutes before that time.
No, I am not kidding.

OTOH, if seeing a show is just of passing interest, arrive 15 minutes before show time and see what's
available.
You might get lucky.
Many here report that they have no trouble arriving later and getting in.
Some, have reported otherwise.
Consider me an "otherwise."

Last edited:
Are people basically saying that even with FP or a dining package, you still need to line up significantly earlier than the designated times for those? If I'm going to do that, I may as well just do stand by...or am I missing something?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the procedure, the significant difference is that you're not lining up if you're fp or dining package. You're actually going inside as soon as it opens. But if you're standby, you're lined up outside, hoping to get in.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the procedure, the significant difference is that you're not lining up if you're fp or dining package. You're actually going inside as soon as it opens. But if you're standby, you're lined up outside, hoping to get in.

It's not that.
The Standby section has its own defined area.
The FP+ section has its own defined area.
The Dining Pkg. section has its own defined area.

There are just so many guests arriving as "Standby," that section fills up.

RoL-Seating-West_022517_zpsjbmibnbv.jpg

It's not that.
The Standby section is its own area.
The FP+ sectionis its own area.
The Dining Pkg. section is its own area.

There are just so many guests arriving as "Standby" than as any other kind of entrant that that section fills up.

Got it. Thanks!

Do we pay MORE for the dining packages vs. just eating at the same restaurant same meal?

I used a table service credit at tusker house that included the dining package. I am going at the end of April. Hoping I won't have to keep the kids entertained for too long waiting

Do we pay MORE for the dining packages vs. just eating at the same restaurant same meal?
Depends. At TH yes, there is an upcharge for the Dinging Package meal. At Tiffins, maybe, maybe not. Depends on what you order. It's possible to eat at Tiffins and save money with the Dining Package

For Tuskers the dinning package was about $7 more. We arrived at 8:15 for an 8:45 show and there was space for 2 in a few spots, but not many places for 4 or more together. However the 10PM show had lots of room!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter