If Touringplans and Tikiman pages has conflicting info which would you think is accurate?

I would triangulate info from both along with info from the DIS (if you’d like to post specifics). I find both have much that is right but some information that has gotten stale over time. But it depends on what exactly you are looking for.

I have used Touring plans and Kenny the pirate, and find they have a lot of overlap and some variation. Haven't tried the other site.
I would look at all three.
But none of them have any inside information, so they are educated guesses.

I would triangulate info from both along with info from the DIS (if you’d like to post specifics). I find both have much that is right but some information that has gotten stale over time. But it depends on what exactly you are looking for.

The main things that differ that I refer to are if they are King or Queen bed rooms and if they are connecting or not.

I was going straight off of Touring Plans when I was planning what building I would request at CBR for our King room. A regular on the boards told me not to trust the room info on Touring Plans...he said that much of it was wrong. Turns out he was right.

The main things that differ that I refer to are if they are King or Queen bed rooms and if they are connecting or not.

From my experience I’d suggest both have their flaws in that level of detail. Connecting rooms on the Tikiman maps are pretty good, but I’ve had a room that that didn’t have a door that was marked as having one, so it’s not perfect. There are not many King bed rooms relative to the the number of 2 Queens, but the King info is notoriously unreliable.

If you post here (or on the Poly thread) with your view category and longhouse preferences that can help narrow things down a bit and people can maybe respond with personal experience.

Last edited:

This!

Oh dear, please do not worry about room numbers.

The King room maps on all sites are notoriously unreliable.

Just ask for a King room if that's what you want and don't screw around with room numbers.

I agree. For the love of all that is Holy, do nto mess upi your request for a king room by adding the specific room you think you want. First, If you are relying on any site to assist with choosing your room, youu have no first hand experience choosing that room, so how would you know if it is the perfect choice? ANd second, if you use room numbers and that room is not available, the assigner will make a guess why you chose it. Okay, King bed. WHat else played into that decision? No idea, so you get what you get. And the sad thing is that had you left the room assignment up to the folks who do this, you might have been granted your perfect room in the best longhouse that met your needs.

Neither in this case. Disney has moved beds and not told the folks that run these sites, or didn't tell them the right beds in the first place, not sure which.
All I know is, they are incorrect as often as correct.
So don't bother checking beds.
Just select what bed type you want. And be done with it

For room requests, it's always best to articulate what room features you are looking for, rather than specific numbers.

and if you feel you absolutely MUST give a room number, describe what you want first, then add Room XXXX or similar. For example, "King Bed, close to GCH, room XXXX or similar". At least that way they know why you want the room in the first place.

I was going straight off of Touring Plans when I was planning what building I would request at CBR for our King room. A regular on the boards told me not to trust the room info on Touring Plans...he said that much of it was wrong. Turns out he was right.

Oh Lord.... are the views incorrect? Also.... I know years ago alot of people believed that if you were using the room request fax option on touring plans that it was best NOT to do online check-in. The thinking was that concierge wouldn't see your request and simply assign a room; if you waited until you were there in person you could personally let them know what room you preferred. For the past 2 years I've used the room request option at Beach Club and they always tell me "We never received a request for you." LOL! Just wondering what peoples' opinions are on this. TIA! :)

Oh Lord.... are the views incorrect? Also.... I know years ago alot of people believed that if you were using the room request fax option on touring plans that it was best NOT to do online check-in. The thinking was that concierge wouldn't see your request and simply assign a room; if you waited until you were there in person you could personally let them know what room you preferred. For the past 2 years I've used the room request option at Beach Club and they always tell me "We never received a request for you." LOL! Just wondering what peoples' opinions are on this. TIA! :)
Views wrong? No. Views can't change. They are what they are. But you have to make sure the view given is not shown from a nearby room. Often it is but they say it is
We always do both a room request with touring plans and online check-in
The resort does get our request, they tell me they do
They can't always meet it

Views wrong? No. Views can't change. They are what they are. But you have to make sure the view given is not shown from a nearby room. Often it is but they say it is

We’ve noticed that views can and do change. Disney is constantly adding/taking away trees, shrubs, bushes, etc...I always compare my actual room view and the room views around me with the touring plan room views when I’m at a resort. It’s surprising how often the landscape does change. Now, I almost always stay in a ground floor room. I suspect you wouldn’t notice a real change in landscaping as often from a room on a higher floor.

The last three visits I had I used Touring Plans room request fax function. The first one in August 2018 was POFQ, they told me they did get my request and tried to oblige. Second one December 2018 Contemporary, they claimed to have never gotten the fax. January 2019 Yacht Club, again was told never received the fax. I'm going to call in my requests from now on although I'm pretty sure the "we didn't get your fax" is the standard line for "we couldn't give you what you asked for".

We’ve noticed that views can and do change. Disney is constantly adding/taking away trees, shrubs, bushes, etc...I always compare my actual room view and the room views around me with the touring plan room views when I’m at a resort. It’s surprising how often the landscape does change. Now, I almost always stay in a ground floor room. I suspect you wouldn’t notice a real change in landscaping as often from a room on a higher floor.

As a frequent third-floor Poly dweller, I can attest to views changing there too. I'll use Poly CL TPV for example, growth of a palm tree here or there over a few year period, or a recent trimming, can change things in a few select rooms for sure. Not talking about earth shattering changes, but subtle things - full castle view vs just one side of the balcony, etc.

I think you misunderstood.... I was indicating that perhaps the room numbers didn't correspond with the correct pictures/views that are on the website. Beach Club has consistently told me they didn't receive my request. I'm sure it was sent by TP but like the PP said it could simply be their way of saying "We couldn't fill your request."

I think you misunderstood.... I was indicating that perhaps the room numbers didn't correspond with the correct pictures/views that are on the website. Beach Club has consistently told me they didn't receive my request. I'm sure it was sent by TP but like the PP said it could simply be their way of saying "We couldn't fill your request."

Or some resorts are back to ignoring faxes again. Some years back, most resorts made it known that they would no longer accept room request faxes as they were getting inundated. They already had an 'official' process for taking requests by phone (I think this was before online check-in), and they simply couldn't keep up with the extra work generated by the manual process of transcribing the massive number of faxed requests, many of which were duplicates of requests that were already in the system. Slowly, over the years, some resorts seemed to start viewing faxed requests again.

This is why I often advise people to make their requests by phone or online check-in (if the request page is working), and if they wish to back it up with a fax, well, no harm done. I would never rely solely on a faxed request. Even if the resort fully intends to look at faxes, it's a separate piece of paper that can be misplaced, accidentally thrown out, mangled in the fax machine, etc. A very manual, dated process in a system that's heavily automated and increasingly paperless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter