If Touringplans and Tikiman pages has conflicting info which would you think is accurate?

As a frequent third-floor Poly dweller, I can attest to views changing there too. I'll use Poly CL TPV for example, growth of a palm tree here or there over a few year period, or a recent trimming, can change things in a few select rooms for sure. Not talking about earth shattering changes, but subtle things - full castle view vs just one side of the balcony, etc.
I know what you mean. The Poly is where I notice the most view changes.

I think you misunderstood.... I was indicating that perhaps the room numbers didn't correspond with the correct pictures/views that are on the website. Beach Club has consistently told me they didn't receive my request. I'm sure it was sent by TP but like the PP said it could simply be their way of saying "We couldn't fill your request."

It is more likely the resort did not get the request because they are not checking faxed requests. If you have requests I suggest either calling or placing them online where they will be considered. If you have several requests, make sure you look at what is most important and have it as your first request. If you really want that make it your only request. Be sure that when you are making your requests you know that the room assigners do their best, but cannot make miracles. There have been a few folks posting who were upset that the number of requested designed to grant them a view in a more expensive tier but at a "standard" price backfired. That is the problem with locking yourself into a specific room. Sometimes you get what you did not ask for.

Oh Lord.... are the views incorrect? Also.... I know years ago alot of people believed that if you were using the room request fax option on touring plans that it was best NOT to do online check-in. The thinking was that concierge wouldn't see your request and simply assign a room; if you waited until you were there in person you could personally let them know what room you preferred. For the past 2 years I've used the room request option at Beach Club and they always tell me "We never received a request for you." LOL! Just wondering what peoples' opinions are on this. TIA! :)
I did send a fax from TP's for Grand Floridian and Beach Club. Grand Floridian was pretty close to my request. Beach Club was way off. I don't think BC looks at the faxes.

I did send a fax from TP's for Grand Floridian and Beach Club. Grand Floridian was pretty close to my request. Beach Club was way off. I don't think BC looks at the faxes.
I think you're correct! I hope to have better luck this Wed at the Polynesian! :tink:April

Last edited:
I stayed at Poly in August and was similarly confused with the conflicting info on what buildings were even standard views. On TP you can configure the fax, so it never sends an actual room number to Disney. I put something to the effect of "King bed, no monorail/parking lot view, balcony/patio", which were the qualities, in order that we wanted for the room. I don't know if this matters to you a lot, but it's worth noting that second floor rooms do not have a balcony unless it's the DVC buildings. I did get all the qualities I wanted (great room I really loved in Figi, good view of GF, very quiet, super short run over to great ceremonial house for am coffee).

I've been skeptical of TP's room finder since I started looking for our first stay at CBR, and I realized that their "distance to the lobby" filter is completely wrong. As in, it shows preferred rooms in buildings adjacent to the lobby (Martinique and Barbados) aren't the closest buildings: instead, it shows the closest buildings to the lobby are across the lake in Aruba. I contacted them in January to let them know, and they acknowledged that it was screwed up, but no changes so far. It may be a problem that's isolated to just that particular filter, but it does make me question their overall accuracy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter