If they brought back 100% borrowing, what would you do differently?

Like some others have mentioned similarly...I'd try to wring out every last point for a trip in each of my 3 contracts one contract at a time. Stagger them about a year apart give or take 6 months or so, I rarely go the same time of the year. Then start all over.

Not much right now. For awhile, we're going to have extra banked points for a couple years, so at some point, may need to splurge on larger rooms, or resorts w higher point costs, but for now, we dont' need to borrow.

Since these are Disney owned points, they could have used them for their own bookings to sell as cash. So in reality it’s a net neutral decision. Owners are just getting the benefit of what amounts to a free transfer of points from DVC/DVD.

Ah gotcha I hadn't followed that. Good news.

My biggest concern with the 50% borrowing restriction was whether we would be able to "afford" a GV, cabin, etc, once in a while. I had originally calculated that we would need more than 50% to make the math work for getting a larger room every few years. But we came up with plan B.

Instead of going to Disney this spring, we're renting a cabin near Gatlinburg, TN. I also shaved one night off of our fall (50th anniversary) trip, which will give us enough points with 50% borrowing to get a Savanna View GV at AKL in 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter