If the new gondola, Skyliner, is successful, will they create more lines?

You know...it occurred to me that I hadn't bothered to watch it...so after a couple minutes - I was pleasantly surprised...

I think it looks like an improvement over the last one.

My kids are older and had a hard time not comparing it to Wishes.

But I remember you were really hard on Wishes after all the years, and they needed some new tech as well.

Definitely get that now. Lasers, much brighter fireworks, way more fireworks, obviously much better projections and much longer.

Trick is to realize it is not Wishes, and is heavy on IP, catchy song after a few visits though.

The last show sucked - to be frank...

"We must all believe in the power of our dreams..."

That's nonsense for a two year old.

We saw HEA for the first time last weekend.

To be fair, we watched from the Poly "beach".

I liked the laser additions, and fireworks were nice.

I don't really care for the song. And the message is more like, "kids, get a job"

We saw Hallowishes Friday night (from the park), and it was 3x's the show HEA was.

Can we just get that year round? :)

The last show sucked - to be frank...

"We must all believe in the power of our dreams..."

That's nonsense for a two year old.

I don't really care for the song. And the message is more like, "kids, get a job"

We saw Hallowishes Friday night (from the park), and it was 3x's the show HEA was.

So do we need to find a message somewhere in-between the two? ... or just a case of you can never make everyone happy all the time?

Personally I think there is room for both types of messages - especially when you are inside the Magic Kingdom, in front of the Castle with your family, etc - really does feel like dreams can come true - but I do like the message of HAE as well as it isn't just about "waiting for your prince to come" but having that dream and willing to push for it (like Walt did)

@dlavender - I think it is a bit hard to compare the shows if one you saw in the park and one you didn't (especially when the one you didn't was the one with more focus on projections) - but Hallowishes is an amazing show. I actually really like watching that one from the Poly beach becase a) the fireworks are shot off across such a wide area you can really appreciate it and b) you don't have to pay for the party ticket :D

So do we need to find a message somewhere in-between the two? ... or just a case of you can never make everyone happy all the time?

Personally I think there is room for both types of messages - especially when you are inside the Magic Kingdom, in front of the Castle with your family, etc - really does feel like dreams can come true - but I do like the message of HAE as well as it isn't just about "waiting for your prince to come" but having that dream and willing to push for it (like Walt did)

@dlavender - I think it is a bit hard to compare the shows if one you saw in the park and one you didn't (especially when the one you didn't was the one with more focus on projections) - but Hallowishes is an amazing show. I actually really like watching that one from the Poly beach becase a) the fireworks are shot off across such a wide area you can really appreciate it and b) you don't have to pay for the party ticket :D

Yeah, without the projections, probably not the fairest comparison since we were watching the two from different vantage points.

So HEA is probably more impressive when watching from in the park, but to the music, it just seemed a little "serious".

We'll give it a whirl from inside the park one of these days, then I can give a better assessment.

But man, those Hallowishes panoramic fireworks were awesome.

The bursts cost too much for the panoramics...that's why everyone in the park is whacked $90 a head for them...

As far as "kids, get a job..."

They let the accountants design the show...so they worked in messaging appropriate for their longterm price projections.

The bursts cost too much for the panoramics...that's why everyone in the park is whacked $90 a head for them...

As far as "kids, get a job..."

They let the accountants design the show...so they worked in messaging appropriate for their longterm price projections.

As an accountant part of me really appreciated it.

I told DW that about Hallowishes. They were great, but we paid for each shell....

I thought they should have added a line, "if you want to grow up and bring your kids here, you better dream big"

Yeah, without the projections, probably not the fairest comparison since we were watching the two from different vantage points.

So HEA is probably more impressive when watching from in the park, but to the music, it just seemed a little "serious".

We'll give it a whirl from inside the park one of these days, then I can give a better assessment.

But man, those Hallowishes panoramic fireworks were awesome.

Last night we watched from right in front of the stage (HEA). Like maybe 5 rows from the front. Just to try it.

Does give a perfect view of the entire castle, top to bottom-but not very clear and some distortion. So even seeing all the details it didn't seem worth it.

That and the fireworks indeed were to obstructed-which we knew, mostly wanted to see the projections up close.

Nobody has recommended it, and we concur.

Last night we watched from right in front of the stage (HEA). Like maybe 5 rows from the front. Just to try it.

Does give a perfect view of the entire castle, top to bottom-but not very clear and some distortion. So even seeing all the details it didn't seem worth it.

That and the fireworks indeed were to obstructed-which we knew, mostly wanted to see the projections up close.

Nobody has recommended it, and we concur.

In your opinion is it a lesser show than Wishes, or just different?

In your opinion is it a lesser show than Wishes, or just different?

I would say (HEA) its about triple in overall content, a crazy feast for the eyes. Wishes was just so sentimental and well done, just very thin in tech and outdated. Plus I prefer more IP actually.

But if I had to see/choose only one for like the next 5 years-100% HEA.

I would say (HEA) its about triple in overall content, a crazy feast for the eyes. Wishes was just so sentimental and well done, just very thin in tech and outdated. Plus I prefer more IP actually.

But if I had to see/choose only one for like the next 5 years-100% HEA.

So just isn't worth it to try and get right up on the castle? Probably would be ok in front of Casey's?

The one downside I feel about HEA is that you HAVE to be someone in front to get the show and that makes the HUB that much more crowded. Personally, I didn't care for the song as much, but I liked the message.

Great place, or another 50-75 yards closer to the castle, say around the main crossing for Tomorrowland.

Agreed, ideal IMO is anywhere from Walt to about half way to Casey's, more the center the better of course. Eeven speaker poles can be slightly in the way.

The trouble is taller people than you or kids on shoulders last minute.

So just isn't worth it to try and get right up on the castle? Probably would be ok in front of Casey's?

Yea we didn't like it as much right up front. But if its shorter folks it can be pretty bad back in the crowd.

The problem is HEA is a lot of projection and it’s half the draw to the show/story. We watched it from Main Street and then the DVC lounge and there’s a stark difference in the experience you get

The problem is HEA is a lot of projection and it’s half the draw to the show/story. We watched it from Main Street and then the DVC lounge and there’s a stark difference in the experience you get

If you know what is going on/have seen it before I think you can still enjoy it from outside the park/off the hub

I watched it from the TTC ferry dock and still very much enjoyed it albeit not the same as on Main st

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!