If I upgrade an AP can I keep Maxpass?

mamapenguin

DIS Veteran
What I would like to do is: buy a 3 or 4 day park hopper from Disney with Maxpass. During my trip, probably on the last day upgrade to Flex AP with Maxpass (I hope because I will have purchased direct through Disney that the full price including Maxpass will credit towards the AP with Maxpass)

On my next trip there is a Holiday and parks will be busier. If I cannot get the reservations I need -3 days worth and day 3 is the holiday, my plan would be to upgrade to Deluxe with Maxpass. Would I lose the Maxpass add on that was purchased with the Flex pass? The wording in the terms and conditions of the annual passes makes me think that this is a possibility. If I would lose the purchased year of Maxpass by upgrading then I will just buy Deluxe.
Any help is appreciated :-)

I would email Disneyland with that question. If you ask multiple CM you would probably get multiple answers. Email them and tell them that you are hard of hearing and that is why you didn't call them with the question. That way they will put it down in writing. If you get a favorable response in writing, then make sure you have that email there when you upgrade if there are any issues. GUEST.SERVICES@DISNEYLAND

I upgraded my hoppers to an AP this year and yes you do loose your Maxpass, however it additionally offset the cost of the AP so while I did have to essentially buy Maxpass twice, it didn’t cost me any more total than it would have otherwise.

I upgraded my hoppers to an AP this year and yes you do loose your Maxpass, however it additionally offset the cost of the AP so while I did have to essentially buy Maxpass twice, it didn’t cost me any more total than it would have otherwise.
But the OP is talking about upgrading from a Flex with MaxPass to a Deluxe with MaxPass. I would hope they would retain the MaxPass add on.

From what I can gather, the total price paid with the MaxPass will be credited towards the Flex pass and if OP wants to purchase the MaxPass on the Flex pass, will have to pay the additional $100.

But the OP is talking about upgrading from a Flex with MaxPass to a Deluxe with MaxPass. I would hope they would retain the MaxPass add on.

That’s what I get for skimming the post. Lol

I agree with AcuraTL that it still most likely takes the dollar amount of whatever you had before and applies it to the purchase price of the upgrade.

Add ons don’t carry over, but their value does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter